1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2012 VSC Activation - no beeps?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jonny Zero, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I took a curve pretty aggressively with my worn out tires. I was neither braking nor accelerating. The skid control icon flashed a few times, but there was no beeping. I am pretty sure the flashing was from VSC activation. I thought this is accompanied with beeping from the buzzer. Has this been changed for the newer models?

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I never heard a beeping warning and the VSC is trigger every single day thanks to the roads conditions in my way back home.

3. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Interesting. They must have changed it for the newer models. This is the first time I am sure VSC activated, thanks to the Texas drought. :(
    This is where I got the impression that there should be some beeping, albeit it is a 2010 in the video.

4. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I rented a 2013 this past winter and drove down state to visit my dad and also for my grandma's 80th and I took it in a snowy (empty) parking lot and did some emergency swerving and heard no beeps like my Gen.2 or 2010 Prius used to. (I have a 2015 now.)

Kinda sad because I liked the beeps. It let me know it was actually the VSC working and not ABS or TRAC control. I wonder if it's something the dealer can turn on?

5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    the VCS indicator does not have an audible signal, period :confused:

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sounds like a good wish list item, to be sure.