1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius Problem with Galaxy s4 Bluetooth connection

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Dayl Kumpa, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Dayl Kumpa

Dayl Kumpa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I am new to this chat and hope that my response will be posted to some other category. I actually don't have the same problem. I cannot seem to bring my contacts form my Galaxy s3 over to my 2013 Prius. Music is fine. It creates a contact list on the car that is incomplete and in a different format from the phone. Last name first instead of first name last. Many of the primary people that I call never came over. Spent four hours with T-Mobile on the phone issues with no success, even after a master reset. I had no problem with my iPhone. At the dealership, a sales help person paired their LG to my car with no problem. So what is up between androids and Toyota? Any suggestions.
    Thanks.

Daylight

2. astricklin

astricklin New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I do not have the exact answer, but I would venture that it is probably going to be one of two things.

1) the contact information is saved on the phone in a different format or 2) the contacts that are not showing up are saved on the SIM card and not on an gmail or other account on the phone itself.

First, unfortunately because of the open nature of android, there will always be compatibility issues (think about windows vs mac for PC). You will probably notice that the address book on the LG phone is different from the one on the Samsung. It is possible that the contact information is being saved in a different format if the contact was generated on the phone itself vs one from gmail, yahoo, or outook.
    Second, If you have had the SIM card that you use for some time (especially if you had it in an older "dumb" phone) it is possible that you have contact information that is saved to the SIM card, and not the internal phone memory. It is possible that the Entune system is not able to read this even though the address book app on the phone can.
    When you look in the address book on the phone it will indicate what contact type they are. For example, if you have multiple google accounts set, it would indicate which one they belong to. Also if you were to have an exchange or other account that will be noted. Then there are contacts stored on the SIM card. Are the ones that do not show up all of the same type?
    If the contacts that show up in the car are assigned to one account, and the ones that do not show up are assigned differently, you should be able to edit the contact and change what account they are associated with. If there are contacts that are only on your SIM card, and not saved to google, or another cloud based account, I would highly recommend moving these contacts over so that in the event of loss of the SIM, you do not lose the contact information.
    I don't think there is much that can be done about the format that the contacts are displayed, but hopefully we can help to determine why some of the contacts are not showing up. I find that using the voice command to dial usually finds the contact under the person's first name, this may make it easier when you are trying to call someone.

3. Lanc011

Lanc011 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Dayl, What version of Entune are you running? Most current version is 3.2 My 2013 only OTA updated to 2.1 I had to download and update the app via USB. This might help with Android issues. Unfortunately, Toyota does not provide what was updated.

Click the Linkage!!!