Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

2013 Prius Shop Manual - Best place to get it?

Discussion in 'Gen III 2010+ Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubles' started by qdllc, Aug 28, 2013.

Social Buttons

1. qdllc

qdllc Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know there are aftermarket shop manuals out there. I like copies of the factory shop manual if possible (and not outrageous in cost).

Anyone seen these?
  2. TsKarma

TsKarma Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I recall there are pdf format of them on ebay. Not sure how legal it is, but...
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    I've always got shop manuals for various Hondas in the past. Paper versions: reasonably priced tomes, don't think they were ever more than $100, somewhere between 1.5 and 2 inch thick. They were fairly well organized, though finding basic maintenance items was still a dig. But for the most part logical, informative. And they help scare you off from getting into something over your head. ;)

I snagged the Toyota pdf manual off the 'net, and, well: it's got useful info, but it's the ugliest, most terse and cryptic document. Yuck.

I hear the the paper version of the toyota manual runs about 4 volumes, and is ridiculously overpriced. I can't imagine anyone buys it...
    mrstop likes this.
  4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Got one on CD off eBay.

Sent from my SCH-I535
  5. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

x10 Toyota docs stink. I found an electronic version on Tradebit it was for a 2010-2011 which is mostly the same car and will handle most of my tasks and research. If you need more, then you can buy subscriptions to the Toyota information online. I still wish they had a nice decent priced Helms manual like Honda though...
  6. qdllc

qdllc Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    TIS

So far, the only "source" is the TIS (Technical Information System). Although, I suppose I could sign up, pay for 2 days of access and download the manuals as easily as getting it from anyplace else. It might be a year or so before the aftermarket print manuals come available in stores.