1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Prius3: Can't remove rear seat belt to install clazzio seat cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ituyeh, Jul 7, 2013.

1. ituyeh

ituyeh New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just got my clazzio seat cover yesterday, spent the whole day installing it. I'm up to the last seat (rear passenger side) where i need to remove the seat belt. I'm having problem removing the seat belt. Tried with several different tools, including variable speed tool, and even tried turning it to the right in case it has different direction to unbolt, but it just wouldn't turn at all.

I called the dealership asking for their help, they wouldn't help. So i'm now stucked with all but 1 seat being covered. I went to some shops today, most wouldn't touch it because it's liability issue.

Anyone else really didn't have a problem taking off the seat belt? Hard to believe if I'm the only one with this issue. I'm really hoping to finish this without taking the car to any shop. Any tip how to remove the seat belt would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

2. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is this the bolt? I gotta believe it removes counter-clockwise but it's probably on really tight. Make sure you have a sturdy socket wrench with an extension. Maybe putting a short metal pipe over the socket wrench handle would give you more leverage to break it free.
    Seat belt bolt.JPG

3. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    get an electric 3/8 gun to remove that bolt, it'll help wonders! :)

4. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Pay attention to the arrow of the seat belt buckle before you remove it.

IIRC it takes a 14mm socket and comes right out. I have a 13" long snap-on ratchet and it broke the bolt loose no prob.

iPhone ?

5. yazyazoo

yazyazoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Anyone know what the correct torque is to put this bolt back in? I am installing the Clazzio on my PiP and now scared to remove this bolt due to safety issues. I would like to put this bolt back in at the correct tension if possible.

6. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If it really concerns you, put some blue loctite on the bolt threads before re-installation.

7. yazyazoo

yazyazoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

What does that do?

8. Clazzio.com

Clazzio.com Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Lock tight helps keep the bolt tight after you re bolt it down. I've personally installed over 50 prius, clazzio seat cover kits, and I've never had an issue getting that bolt undone. I see this post is a few weeks old, I hope you've resolved it by now? The install process is pretty simple here, unbolt the seat belt from the frame, poke the seat belt through the clazzio cover, then revolt the seat belt back the frame. You should be able to get a good tight fit on the bolt without ever having to use lock tight, but like someone else said, if you wanted to add it, it wouldn't hurt anything.