1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Toyota Prius C Hybrid Named Greenest Car

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Former Member 68813, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Old news, but didn't see it posted here.

The leaders are listed here: greenercars.org | the greenest vehicles of 2013

Leaf and Tesla were eliminated based on technicalities. Not sure about Volt.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks!

I was not aware of the ACEEE but am glad you identified this resource. I have some major house work to do over the next year and this looks to be a great guide.

KUDOS to the 'Prius c' but this award only complements my understanding from the SAE papers about the 'Prius c.' This is a 'life-cycle' study based award I haven't read, yet.

I'm not a fan of 'life-cycle' models as we've seen them abused in the past (thanks CNW Marketing!) But having a few liars and cheats working under the mantel of 'a study' does not mean all studies are b*llsh*t. Rather, every study has to be treated to critical review.

I have a full-plate this week but hopefully I can spare some cycles to read their method and methodology. The ACEEE may be a future addition to the 'Bob Wilson trusted' sources . . . and with $5 that will get you a good cuppa coffee at Starbucks.

Bob Wilson

3. Blu-ray

Blu-ray Blizzard Brigade #215

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Look who is last on the list. Ford C-Max... but at least they made it! ;)

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This list must be wrong -- where are all the diesels ??

</sarcasm>

5. walter Lee

walter Lee Hypermiling Padawan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Fuelly.com reports that the real world average MPG for the 2012 Prius c is 50.3 mpg (out of 430 cars) which slightly higher than the real world average MPG for the 2012 Prius liftback which trails it at 48.0 mpg (out of 445 cars). The 2012 Prius v 's real world average comes out to be 41.7 mpg (out of 248 cars reporting) and the 2012 Prius Plug in is averaging 76.2 mpg in the real world (out of 136 cars). Given that the average fuel efficiency of a 2012 model car is about 24.1 mpg in the US - with respect to getting good fuel efficiency, it's a no brainer -- you really can not go wrong with a Prius. :rolleyes:

DriverA and bwilson4web like this.