1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series - Black Cherry Pearl - Photos

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Oct 25, 2012.

1. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Oops, I take that back. The interior is Gray, so it doesn't appear to be the Persona model. Is that a new color for 2013?

RT

2. Electric Charge

Electric Charge Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know what is different between this "Persona" edition and the IV? Does the Persona have everything that the IV has, or are there some things left out? The price is a bit lower so I am wondering. . . .

4. HprDad

HprDad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Reading between the lines, it appears NOT to have power seats, JBL audio, auto on/off headlamps, or the homelink/auto-dimming mirror.

5. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Electric Charge,
    How would one go about finding the list of 2013 Toyota Prius colors? My web search was inconclusive.

RT

6. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think I actually saw one in person today and the color is breathtaking... but the Persona series did not have all that I got with my 4... but that color.... oh, that color!

7. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Just received an e-mail from Longo Toyota, the largest dealer. They said production of the Persona Series would begin in January, and they expect to receive their first cars in February/March.

RT

8. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  9. Ridder

Ridder Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I like it that they try something different, but it's not the color I would choose.
    When I was looking for a Prius I ended up at a Lexus dealer for a testdrive with a CT200h. I didn't get it because there was not enough room inside and way less comfortable to drive.
    And my 3 daughters preferred the gay Prius over the "nothing special" looking Lexus.
    So: the wife wanted more room, and the daughters wanted a gay car.....I was loosing the battle!

I do not regret getting the Prius in Pearl White.....OK, you see a lot of them, but I still like it.....better than the Black Cherry.....but color choice is very personal.

But....where I was going to....I saw a nice Lexus at the dealership: it was very very dark blue, almost black and at certain angles it was dark blue while other parts looked black.
    I liked that a lot, but don't know how it will look on a Prius.

About the rims: I don't like the standard Prius rims. The first thing I did when I got mine was putting other rims with wintertires on it.
    Looks better to me.
    The standard rims cost you here 900 euro's.........each!!
    I have a set (4) for sale for 900 euro's.....
    The rims I bought were only 340 euro's .......for a set!
    I put some Pirelli's on it and I'm good to go for the winter.
    I'm thinking of getting a set of rims for the summertires also, and have the Toyo's put on new rims.
    That's how much I like the standard rims.....

BTW: I didn't know your Prii didn't have turn signals in the mirrors....here it's standard even on the cheapest Prius.

10. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The main web site has again been updated and shows a Black Cherry Persona model, with link to further information:

Toyota Prius 2013 | Prius Hybrid Cars

Not much information or pictures that weren't already out. They must have updated the site in anticipation of the arrival of the cars.

RT

11. RubberToe

RubberToe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a dealer in Southern California that is supposed to take delivery of 2 Black Cherry SE models today. So they are starting to arrive at the dealers now. A quick online search of 4 other local dealers shows them not having any yet.

RT

12. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    saw one on the floor at the sd auto show last week...that color..:cool:

13. Keetercats

Keetercats New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just returned from my local dealer and was elated to see the black cherry persona in person, just looked I didn't drive it cause it's pouring today. I love the color, very strong feminine color not too girly thou. I want it and I'm cleaning out my 2008 Touring package 4 tomorrow to get an idea on a trade. My only concern is, what options am I giving up and is it worth it?

I don't care about the chrome stuff, it looks kinda cheap to me. The color is breathtaking and worth a bit more to me as do the wheels. Interior wise, the synthetic leather doesn't matter to me either cause it will get too hot here in FL. I was thrilled to give up my BMW with leather when I bought the 2008 Prius. What else is special about this car???

Some sites say it is a base 2, some say base 3. It doesn't have a moon roof or solar option. I'm not sure if the entune will be available with it or not. I don't want to downgrade on options just for a pretty color and pay more for stuff that doesn't matter to me. Is this car worth it, or is it just a cherry purple base Prius?

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's based on a 3 I believe so it will have navigation with Entune & backup camera.

Keetercats likes this.
  15. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw a Black Cherry Pearl Persona at Fremont Toyota in the showroom today. Wow. The wheels are reaallllyyy sharp. I like the darker shade of those wheels much better than the bright silver Five wheels.

16. southernguy

southernguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    not cool (n)

17. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's too hot in Florida for 'synthetic leather', why would you consider the Persona Prius? I know the Black Cherry has black Softex seats and the Black and Silver must also. Those would be cooking in Florida sun.

You'd be better off with a solar roof option to keep the car cool. And use a windshield shade!

far as Persona Options, I know it has 6.1" touchscreen audio w/ navigation, USB, like a Three model, but it does not have upgraded audio (JBL or GreenEdge JBL). It will have 3 door smart key and Entune capability.

Main upgrades are the Softex seats and 'leather wrapped' steering wheel in a Three-like trim with the 17" special finish wheels, badges, interior trim pieces and Black Cherry special color.

18. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Curious only, does this Persona Series get navigation? Would be crazy if ti didn't, but come to think of it, I haven't seen mention of nav for it, just a backup camera.

19. Keetercats

Keetercats New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it has navigation and the entune and back-up camera. No power seats or JBL. I decided not to get the Persona today. Seems a bit overpriced for a 3 with cool paint, the seats are not that comfy either. The softex didn't impress me and dealer was not giving me a good trade so it didn't make sense. Now I gotta find out what service my 2008 needs since I'm sticking with her!

20. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Blizzard Pearl Persona
    image.jpg

I finally saw the Black Cherry in person. It looked pretty decent.