1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series - Black Cherry Pearl - Photos

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Oct 25, 2012.

1. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
  2. Lirpa63

Lirpa63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I think the black cherry colour is still pretty rare. I've had mine since 2/13 & never saw another one until I took a road trip from the Canadian border down to So.Cal. In 2 weeks & 2800 milesI only saw 3 others this colour.

3. Lirpa63

Lirpa63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The colour is not for everyone (& is a pain to keep clean in the Pacific Northwest). But I wouldn't have even considered a Prius if not for this colour (on my way to Subaru after the RAV 4 test drive was a bust). The car sold itself once I drove it, but the colour got me out for a test drive. Happy with the car & happy that it doesn't look like every other Prius on the road...for better or worse.

4. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I finally saw another black cherry Persona after having mine for three months and it was a real head snapper. I also saw a white Persona with the paper plates and the owner did not know what I was talking about when I asked him if he liked his Persona!

By the way, I apologize for posting blank comments in this thread... I was having tech problems.

hybridbear likes this.
  5. EcoPersona

EcoPersona Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I agree that the Black Cherry color is rare on the Prius. I haven't seen others on the road and I've had mine since 4/30. I made mine super rare by adding the Plus Appearance package. I had to have the body kit custom painted but I think it was worth it. My Persona is one of a kind!
    image.jpg image.jpg

Daddyjeph and jgilliam1955 like this.
  6. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    kronos89 and EcoPersona like this.
  7. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    DSC_8414.JPG Here is my Persona taking the Balboa Island Ferry...

jgilliam1955 and EcoPersona like this.
  8. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Luv the Black Cherry, have not seen one at the dealer or on the road................... :(

9. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have now seen four black cherries so far in L.A.

10. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    great color

11. Ktnws

Ktnws Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Interesting......I just posted in newbie forum about considering buying a "used" black cherry persona, but not sure how I feel about the color. After having it and driving for a while is everyone still happy with the color?

I found one with 4,000 miles and they are asking $21,900 just wondering if I can live with the color and any thoughts on if that is a good price?

EcoPersona likes this.
  12. EcoPersona

EcoPersona Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Love the color. Randomly get complimented on it all the time. And I bought mine new for $25k so that's a good price IMO.

Daddyjeph likes this.
  13. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I love the color. When we got this, there were other colors at the dealer and mine was in the showroom. I walked in and said "Wow!" Thought about it for a few days and came back and bought it. I haven't regretted it.

Nexus 7 ? HD

14. situationalawareness

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Just picked up a blizzard pearl 2013 Prius Persona as an upgrade from my 2011 Prius II yesterday. I'm very happy with it, love the contrast in coloring between the external paint and the inside. It feels more refined with the faux leather. The ride feels cleaner as well, but that is probably due to the large difference between Prius II & Persona along with the 17 inch wheels.

15. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    situationalawareness = V1. :)

16. socal13

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Does anyone have info regarding the production run of the Persona's? Is Toyota still making them this year? Will they make them in 2014? I think I will post these questions as a new thread...

17. RamAirDave

RamAirDave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    We picked ours up a couple of months ago...love it so far. The color is amazing! Get a lot of compliments on it. 20130628_173958.jpg 20130628_174055.jpg 20130628_174023.jpg

18. rands roo

rands roo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Beautiful car!

SCH-R760X ? 4 Beta

19. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    It appears they aren't making the Persona anymore. The dealer could only find 10 within 500 miles of Minneapolis (including in the Chicago area) and said that they don't have any more on allocation or in the plans for 2014. In August the Persona showed up on Toyota.com but a few weeks ago when we were shopping it had suspiciously disappeared. I had my mind set on a III w/ Solar Roof. My wife and I went and test drove it and she reluctantly was accepting the idea of adding a Prius as our 2nd car rather than refusing to have anything to do with a Prius like she had in the past. While we were walking around the lot deciding on a color for the III w/ Solar Roof she spotted a Person sitting there. Both of us didn't like the 15-inch rims, but we weren't going to spend the money for a V with its 17-inch rims. Since the Persona is based on the III it was basically a question of trading the Solar Roof for bigger rims and Sof-Tex. We had the choice of Blizzard Pearl or black, no black cherry Personas around, and would have gotten the black in a dealer trade except the dealer gave us the Blizzard Pearl without charging for the premium color rather than work out a trade.

What ultimately sold me on the Persona is how much more comfortable the Sof-Tex seats are compared with the cloth ones in the III. The Prius cloth seats are terribly uncomfortable, the Sof-Tex Persona seats are quite comfortable. I really miss not having a moonroof, but we'll drive our Fusion Hybrid when it's good moonroof weather and the Prius when it isn't.

20. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Looks nice. What tint do you have? If I had to guess; 20% in the rears and 35% in the fronts? (That's what I have).