1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 PiP - Navigate to next folder using steering wheel control not working with USB Drive

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sdizprius, Jul 2, 2014.

1. sdizprius

sdizprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just started using a 32 GB USB drive on my new 2014 PiP, and cannot get the folder navigation to work with the steering wheel controls. The manual says, press and hold the ^ arrow button on the steering wheel to change the folder, but that does not work with the USB drive.

BTW, the "Browse Folders" option on the screen works fine. Press and hold on ^ arrow button on the steering wheel pauses the music, but does not change folders, when using the USB drive.

However, I tried changing the folders using the same steering wheel ^ arrow button with an MP3 CD, and the folder change is working as expected with the CD. Can't get this to work with the USB drive, and wanted to see if anyone with this issue found a feasible solution.

Instructions from the manual
    >>USB memory
    To select a desired file: Press the “ ^” or “ v” switch. (works with the steering button)
    To select a desired folder: Press and hold the “ ^” or “ v” switch until you hear a beep. (DOES not work with the steering or the head unit)

#1 sdizprius, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've never been able to browse folders on a USB drive. I have to keep scrolling until I find what I want.

3. skuldar

skuldar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On my 2011 Prius with a 16GB USB thumbdrive, the steering wheel buttons work to change folders one-by-one. I'm not sure why that doesn't work for your 2014 PIP.

For me it has always been functional, but my only complaint is that it's an awkward navigation because I have around a hundred folders. The scroll screen is a bit faster, but it is disabled when moving at any speed. It would be great to have a rotating wheel control on the steering area that would let me scroll through folders, but I guess that would be considered somewhat unsafe since I'd have to be looking at the folder listing more closely.

sdizprius likes this.
  4. sdizprius

sdizprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good to know that it's working in your 2011 Prius. After reading your post, I tried with 16GB, 8GB and 5GB USB drives, but could not get the folder navigation to work, using the steering wheel control.