1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Prius Fog Light LED Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Predsfan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Predsfan

Predsfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi guys, I searched the forum and didn't find the exact answer I was looking for. I have a 2014 prius with factory LED headlights and the H16 19w type C (per owners manual) fog lights. I am looking to upgrade my fog lights to LED to match my head lights. I read in another post that in a 2012 they chose the H11 30W 5k and they matched well with the factory LED headlights. Will this also fit the 2014 model? Sorry if it's been posted already. Thanks

2. Bullet Salvador

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    When it comes to upgrading to LED fog lights I would recommend Morimoto XB Fogs. I have them on my Prius and I bet they will compliment your LED headlights really well.

Predsfan likes this.
  3. pauerbach

pauerbach Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five

I've also heard very good things about this set of LED fogs too. I'm going to be installing them soon. Another guy here has them and said they're much brighter than factory halogens.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The oem reflector based foglights are terrible, with no physical cutoff, like a projector, or the sharp cutoffs like the Morimoto above.

Putting in brighter HID or LED lights make the glare worse. :(

Edit: I'm on mobile and couldn't see the product you linked. I was thinking you linked a bulb replacement using the oem foglight housing. Those LED foglights also don't have a clean cutoff to prevent glare to oncoming and drivers in front of you.

SCH-I535

#4 xliderider, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014