1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2014 Prius with NAV audio problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lshishido03, Aug 5, 2014.

1. lshishido03

lshishido03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does anybody with the JBL/NAV option on 2014 prius have weird issues when switching audio preset stations on the steering wheel control have problems where it switches from FM preset to AM to SAT, ect. when scrolling up and down?

2. lshishido03

lshishido03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It would help if you described exactly what your problem is.

4. lshishido03

lshishido03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    when im switch stations with the steering wheel:

ex: im on 102.7 FM (preset station #1) and when i press on the up button on steering wheel itll switch to SAT

5. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What you are doing is switching to menu 6 of 6 last preset station which is probably a Sat Station (Sirius XM).
    You should press the down steering wheel button which should go to station #2, which you should have preset to one of your station. You need to watch the audio screen to see what station the up or down arrow will select.
    The arrows will only select preset stations, it won't scan the next station.

6. lshishido03

lshishido03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  7. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That's the normal function of the steering wheel buttons - they cycle through *all* the presets in sequence, and this may look like a random a mix of AM, FM, and satellite channels, depending how you set them up.

8. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Did you change the default presets? The system has 6 sets of 6 for a total of 36 favorites that can be quickly tuned. I separated mine by genre; oldies, rock, country, comedy/talk/news etc. I believe they can be any combination of Sources, but I just used Sat, AM & FM. I used #6 for 6 of our favorite FM stations around Arizona because I plan on keeping Sirius/XM unless experience on our upcoming trip says I should reconsider.