1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Honda Fit Hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Sergiospl, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    First Look: 2014 Honda Fit EV Boasts Styling Tweaks, Expected to Touch 55 MPG - Automotive News

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130718/OEM04/130719845/honda-wagers-on-new-fit-hybrid-variants-for-united-states#
    ku-xlarge.jpg ku-xlarge (1).jpg ku-xlarge (2).jpg ku-xlarge (3).jpg ku-xlarge (4).jpg

austingreen likes this.
  2. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Mmmm not bad

3. Airstream

Airstream Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Aggressive styling...just needs the dual exhausts coming out of the rear bumper. I like the wing look in the front grill and rear treatment.

"Earth Dreams" engine...good marketing strategy? Only gets 1.9 miles in EV mode and tops at 31mph. 7 speed tranny sounds nice though.

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A

Interesting. They seemed to match the prius hp almost exactly

They seem to have just bested the aqua (prius c) on the japanese test.

Does anyone know the weight and cd of the fit hybrid that they will have in america?

5. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought it was for the U.S. market.

6. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The news seems to be that the us won't get a hybrid fit, but a hybrid cross over on the fit platform. It is likely to be made in the new fit production lines in mexico.

Sergiospl likes this.
  7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The U.S will probably get an updated Insight, because they are not going to kill the Insight again, along with Civic & Accord hybrids, no room for Fit hybrid. No indication whether the Fit CUV will come in hybrid trim.

austingreen likes this.
  8. walter Lee

walter Lee Hypermiling Padawan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I hope the 2015 Insight will be upgraded to a full hybrid like the one that will be used on the 2015 Fit Hybrid

9. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As an ex-Honda Fit owner, who enjoyed the vehicle when and if this ever reached the US, I'd have to take a look at it. But I'd have to say, that what I liked best about the standard ICE Honda Fit was it's fun to drive feel and the layout of the interior. Along with the cargo space configurability of the fold up rear seats and the completely flat fold down load floor.

I honestly think the interior-The Dash- is less impressive than the layout and Dash in my old 2010 Honda Fit. And they don't say anything about whether somehow Honda was able to keep the fold up seats.

Being a fan of The Fit, I'd definitely want to see one in person, and maybe even test drive. But it would take a lot to tempt me.

The outside styling is more aggressive. I suspect I would be in the minority but I actually liked the older styling which IMO was a good blend of looking "sporty" and aggressive but also utilitarian and "geeky". But I concede that I'm probably in the minority in liking my vehicles to look a little egg shaped. Functionally egg shaped is good.

One thing Toyota should note, is the rear seat headrests that lower into and even with the rear seat backs. That's such a great design in helping to improve rear visibility. They should employ similar design. When not transporting people in the rear of my Prius I keep the headrests folded forward at the 180 angle, just to improve visibility out the back hatch. It's my compromise because if I keep them "normal" they are so large they block a lot of view.

Anyway I'd call myself "interested" but not blown away.

10. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are right about the CUV Fit Crossover Hybrid. Honda’s Hybrid Fit (7/19/13)

austingreen likes this.
  11. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Both are a single motor hybrid system. The major difference between the new Sport Hybrid and the IMA is that new one has a clutch to disengage the motor from the ICE, like in the Hyundai hybrids. This will improve the EV efficiency of the motor. It should be less in cost and space requirements than a 2 motor system. Honda is also dropping the CVT for a double clutch transmission. I don't know if there is an actual efficiency advantage between the two, if they are running right, but Honda has been programming virtual gears into their CVTs for normal or sporty feel. Why bother with a CVT at that point.

Honda Worldwide | November 13, 2012 "Honda Develops New Lightweight and Compact Hybrid System Named "SPORT HYBRID Intelligent Dual Clutch Drive""
    Also has an overview of the 2 motor hybrid in the Accord, and the AWD system for the Acuras. Which might show up in the Fit CUV if AWD is planned for it.

12. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

That would be my guess, Insight III hybrid with new Sport system to be introduced for same year as 4th Gen Prius.

Going to take a long time for Honda to prove itself with new Sport hybrids. Current hybrid sales are terrible.

Sergiospl likes this.
  13. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    They really wrecked their hybrid reputation with the Civic battery issue.

14. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

15. TheEnglishman

TheEnglishman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sick of these companies scared of releasing great vehicles because it might eat the market share from their other models.

Dear Honda, the Insight is a flop. It gets less MPG than the Prius, has less features, and certainly looks worse. You've got nothing to lose with releasing this neat little Prius C killer.

16. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The Insight2 appeared to have potential when the speculation had it at $2000 less than its starting price. For what Honda did set the price at, they would have been better off skipping a new Insight based on the Fit platform, and just offered the Fit hybrid.

17. austingreen

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Using 20:20 hindsight that is true, but honda seemed to think if it looked like a prius but cost less then it would sell. This worked in japan for a very short period of time, until the gen III prius had enough production to satisfy demand. If honda had 20:20 foresight they would have put a second clutch and a more powerful motor in these hybrids earlier. Then they would have not had the problems abusing the batteries.

18. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Honda appeared to have been lost in the desert in regards to hybrids. Hopefully, these new systems mean thay have returned.

19. I have no idea what the "japanese test" is, but I doubt that Honda would want to compare their new hybrid to the prius c in some "ordinary" road test, just to announce "...and the Fit came up just a little short." So, we'll see what the actual fuel economy estimate is, or at least what the EPA numbers are.

20. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Honda it's about time !