1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2015 Prius II - Front Seat Stock to Power/Lumber OEM Prius IV/V DIY

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 50MPGPAUL, Nov 11, 2014.

1. 50MPGPAUL

50MPGPAUL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey guys. I decided to upgrade my stock seats to seats out of a 2013 prius iv w/softex and 8 way power w/lumber. I really wanted to go with the CT200h seats, but JUST in case really wanted to avoid any headaches.

2014-11-08 13.00.54.jpg

these are the seats i found thru eBay, from a salvage dealer somewhere in the MidWest. Shipping was lightning fast to CA in 3 days. Not bad. No scuffs to any foam imprinting from wear - I was pleased. However - the fed ex guy mentioned a seat fell off the truck so I may want to start the claim process to Fedex asap if there were any issues. Turns out, my driver side rail is twisted, so the power forward and up and down doesn't work well when the seat is bolted down. unbolted its fine -

Before you begin, remove 12v (-) post on the rear hatch area, as well as kill switch for the hybrid battery.

2014-11-09 22.25.46.jpg

(picture 2) So these are the connectors on the bottom of the donor prius power seat. Left clip is power, middle clip is sensors for weight/seatbelt and yellow is airbag. We will be reusing the factory clip and tapping power and ground into these locations to keep things tidy. At this time you should check your seatbelt clip to see if it is compatible with the donor clip. I found out the hard way after we had bolted everything in and assembled everything back. My buddy and I were all like high fiving and saying how easy this was and then...realized we couldn't put our seatbelt on to go on a test drive...fail...
    2014-11-10 09.52.45.jpg

Ripped out the stock seat. As you can tell in the above photo - the yellow clip is the current recipient airbag sensor and weight/seatbelt sensor clip. You will need to run a power from the fusebox in my case, under the carpet where the factory wiring loom sits. If you do need to run a different seatbelt clip from the recipient car, thats the clip it'll be popping into, later when you are assembling everything together.

Seatbelt clip removal - If your seatbelt does not clip into the new seat, simply remove your seatbelt clip from the stock seat, remove the wires that follow down to the frame of the car. It is held on by a t30hex and 10mm socket on the opposing side. Remove this whole harness, cut the factory electric tape and it'll end up as the middle clip as shown in picture two of this writeup. Then swap seat belt clickers out and problem solved.

2014-11-10 09.53.22.jpg
    In my case, in the donor seat, we had 3 wires coming from the white clip shown above. In the recipient car, I had only 2 wires, what seemed to be a power and ground. We tinkered around a bit and figured out that the smallest gray wire was a dud and green was ground/striped power. Power now worked fine - but the seat does not move up and down when bolted down, which suggests the track is messed up - as mentioned by the Fedex guy. If i pull myself towards the direction I want to go towards using the steering wheel while using the power (certain situations slow down. I'm certain the screw servos are binding somewhere... oh well) But with the seat rail unbolted everything works (oh and the seat brackets dont sit flush with the OEM points so its 100% sure a track thing), so now I have to deal with fedex claims...what a PITA...oh well took one for the team. GO LOCAL AND PICK IT UP!!!

2014-11-10 10.09.06.jpg

this it the factory fusebox under left foot parking brake. We tapped the 25A DBL lock for power, since we didn't have any self tapping microbuses that would fit the funny 30A PWR SEAT fuse. If there is something I dont know about here regarding the DBL LOCK fuse plz lmk.

Reboot everything together and voila, you should have everything working in order.

For those asking, is it REALLY worth all the work. In a nut shell. YES. The factory seats VS the factory softer power/lumbar are on different levels. The softer power seats feel identical to my roommates 2010 IS250 seats. Because the power seat allows for fine adjustments, I was able to get a really comfortable position, FINALLY, and was having a blast driving today. The seat padding alone is at least 3 times as plush, and the side bolsters and firm but very supportive. Assuming the seats you purchase are intact and not broken, and you check the seat belt issue before you start unbolting stuff - it really should not be more than an hour.

It took us like 1 hour to figure out the wiring because of some faulty info :* and figuring out that my driver side track was pretty bent out of spec.

I highly recommend this mod if you feel the stock seats are uncomfortable.

I'll post another photo of the seats tomorrow once its bright outside. The dark black and white stiched leather seats look amazing with the factory gray/sleet color scheme thing. I also got the black weather tech digiliners and together look really upscale.

I hope this guide helps.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done, thank you!(y)

3. withinfour

withinfour New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Figured I would post on this thread. I’ve had my 2015 Prius II for about a month now. I originally test drove one with leather seats but it was pretty worn out (both front and back bumpers were horribly re-painted, 85K miles and few other things. Ended up getting a used 2015 with 43K miles and had been looking to install leather seats.

Luckily I found some at a junk yard from a 2012 that had front end damage. Picked them up this past Tuesday and install them today. Photos attached.

The guy who runs the junk yard also gave me the arm rest/center console for free

Attached Files:

sfv41901 and RMB like this.
  4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looks nice. How much did that set you back?

5. withinfour

withinfour New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you! Paid $400 for both front seats and back seats and like I said the junk yard owner gave me the arm rest for free

tony_2018 and Raytheeagle like this.
  6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good deal. Makes the car look like a million bucks lol

7. withinfour

withinfour New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Agree with you on that! Also, my brother was able to wire power to the driver seat since the standard cloth ones weren’t power

8. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good stuff! What junkyard is this?

9. Markdizle

Markdizle Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I’ve been looking for months for these seats and can’t find them on eBay!

10. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Transforms the interior 100%

iPhone ?

11. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did fedex refund you some money? Or pay for new railing? Were you not able to "de-bend" the railing?
    Couldn't you have just replaced the seat belt clip on the seat instead of replacing the seat belt?
    Or do they bolt on differently, or are they different?
    Thanks. I know it's almost 5 years later, but I didn't see any update. :)

12. FriedCells

FriedCells Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Rather than start a new thread on this, I thought I'd add to the most recent thread on Prius seat upgrades in case anybody else was interested. I have a 2011 Prius IV that originally had leather seats. I upgraded to a Lexus CT200h fully powered driver seat very easily. The Prius seats were not powered. They only had power lumbar and heat, the rest was manual adjustment. See photo:
    seat2.jpg
    I was surprised to find that I had a 30A fuse in my fuse box already in the PWR seat slot and my seat had 3 power connectors already on it for a fully powered seat. I have no idea what other Prii have under there, so check under your seats and fuse box to see if you're already wired for it. Two of the connectors on the Lexus seat plugged in directly, no issues at all. Just make sure to disconnect 12V battery and wait a few minutes before disconnecting OG seats and until you have the new seat fully plugged in properly. This will avoid SRS codes. No need to disconnect Hybrid battery. I didn't. No problem. The third connector (see photos below) was not plug n play ready. But it was pretty simple. Just removed the connector from the Prius seat, removed the connector from the Lexus seat, and spliced the matching wires together, using the connector from the Prius seat, and voila! Plugged in that spliced together connector into the female end in my car, connected battery, and it's fully functional, much more comfortable and adjustable. Only thing that I have not tested is heat but I don't care, never used it on previous seat anyways. No need in San Diego.
    seat1.jpg seat3.jpg
    For the $300 that I spent on the Lexus seat, it was one of the best investments in my health that I ever made. My back is much happier. I have been in and out of the hospital many times with back problems since getting my Prius 4 years ago. I love the car, but something about how the seats are positioned and lack of adjustments destroyed my back to point where I even ended up with nerve damage and inability to feel 2 fingers on my hand. No accidents, no injuries, just adding a Prius seat to my life. The Lexus seat is a HUGE improvement. Wish I did it a long time ago. IMG_20200721_184600.jpg
    Couldn't find exactly matching seats, but the black goes well with my black/grey interior anyways.
    IMG_20200724_204140.jpg

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done, thank you!(y)

FriedCells likes this.
  14. Blake2100

Blake2100 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you happen to know what year range of these lexus seats will work for the 3rd gen prius. Im looking to try this out but would like to know what year of lexus to look for. Thanks

15. FriedCells

FriedCells Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Really tired right now, otherwise I'd look. But I would only look by searching this forum as I did before. I found out by searching "Prius Lexus seat" and reading through the threads. It's here somewhere.

Blake2100 likes this.
  16. tony_2018

tony_2018 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm bumping this thread to thank those who have provided info on swapping in seats. Gonna bookmark because I def need some lumbar support.

17. robomoto

robomoto Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    @FriedCells please clarify: you're saying that the Lexus CT200h seats bolts on directly to the gen 3 without any custom mounting hardware right?

#17 robomoto, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  18. robomoto

robomoto Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi @50MPGPAUL, great to hear you were able to get power seats on your car which did not originally have power seats.

Please help me get this correctly.

1. In the beginning, you said there are these 3 connectors on your new "donor" power seat in the pic below:
    [​IMG]

But your car's chassis only has the following 2 connectors:
    [​IMG]

So you plug in your 2 chassis connectors to the new power seat (yellow to yellow, white to white) as in the following pic? Where did the grey connector come from?
    [​IMG]

Do the 2 connectors (yellow and white) from your car's chassis fit directly onto 2 of the 3 plugin ports on the power seat?

What about the third connector? What do you do with that other white connector port in the new power seat earlier and why is there a grey connector shown in this pic?

2. You said:

"We will be reusing the factory clip and tapping power and ground into these locations to keep things tidy"
    "You will need to run a power from the fusebox in my case, under the carpet where the factory wiring loom sits"
    "We tapped the 25A DBL lock for power"

Are you saying you spliced into some wires for the "25A DBL Lock" at the fuse box using some new wires and routed those new wires underneath the carpet to the new seat and then spliced those into the new seat? How? How do you even know what the 25A DBL Lock wires even looks like?

3. Maybe you can just help me answer this: I've got the 2 following electrical connectors on my 2010 Prius driver's seat shown below:
    upload_2022-1-2_21-43-32.jpeg
    This is looking from the driver's footwell. Below is the same angle but showing more of the wire harness, which looks like it is holding extra unused wires within the blue tape.
    upload_2022-1-2_21-43-46.jpeg

My 2 connectors look identical to the middle (4 wire) and right (2 wire) connectors shown in your earlier power seat pic (the one without the grey connector). The question is, how do I find the power wires to connect to the third connector? Can I find them hidden in the wire loom under the blue tape? If so, how do I know if those wires are powered? @FriedCells ?

forrest_fire1 likes this.
  19. Darthchoke

Darthchoke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good to hear the power seats worked I have the same Prius iv I’m interested in trying this upgrade does the Heated seats still work on the new ct200h seats ? And did you get the ct200h seats with the memory input setting I believe does came with 2014-2016 ct200h

20. tallprius

tallprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells
    If your Prius has a CPU or NAV box mounted on the floor below the drivers seat. The new CT200h seat will rub or ram into that CPU/box unless you lower the CPU/box by cutting and bending the Prius bracket.

Coots likes this.