1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2016 prius regenerative braking limits - hypermiling

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by guammax, Feb 11, 2016.

1. guammax

guammax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On my Gen 3 2010 I could maximize regenerative braking by using the cruise control to slow down. On the
    Gen4 2016 the cruise control braking seems much too strong to be the generator only.

Has anyone used a scan tool to see when the regenerative braking system switches from generator to brake pads?

Does the b/w line leading to the battery indicator on the Hybrid System Indicator in the Multi-information Display mean anything?

Has anyone seen any ECO braking guidance specific the the Gen 4?

GaryD1 likes this.
  2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If the CC uses friction brakes or really, really heavy regen, the brake lights must come on by law. Have someone follow you.

walter Lee and GaryD1 like this.
  3. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My guess, based on what I fell when drive my v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) aking switches over from regeneration to mechanical brakes at about 3mph. This is true when I apply a continuous even pressure on the brake pedal and feel the car slow. At about 3mph or so, I feel deceleration cease, then resume with a different feel and is a bit stronger then prior. But, when braking hard the brake force is almost entirely mechanical.

HypersonicPrime and walter Lee like this.