1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

24 hour dash clock option? / color bar missing in backup camera. help?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by norjack, Jan 22, 2013.

1. norjack

norjack New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess the title says it all. It would be nice to fix the clock on the dash panel so it was in 24 hour time. Can that be done?

Also, when we use the backup camera, it shows what is behind us, but the helpful color bar is missing. Can we add that in?

Hoping someone call help.... :)

2. norjack

norjack New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    I love our Prius+. But I am a bit confused after some more reading. Still shaking my head...Is it true that Prii have no 24 hour clock setting on the dash? And that the lines on the backup camera are only for those models with automatic parking assist? You do a lot of things right, Toyota. But those were strange corners to cut... Hoping I am wrong...

3. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    As I understand it, the "distance bars" on the backup camera are only available on the v5. Don't have them on my v3 and wish I did.

4. Jzerocsk

Jzerocsk Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Does seem odd that the distance bars aren't available on the lower trim levels. I guess the overlay is done by the parking assist feature?

I don't know if I've ever seen a car clock with 24 hr display. Maybe something in luxury brands or European/Asian spec?

5. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You're probably correct... It needs those sensors to determine distance.

6. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  7. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The GenIII hatchback has it. You turn it on in the display menu.

8. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Its marketing folks, so accept it. Several trim levels, different items to persuade you to buy the upmarket version. I don't expect the same features on a Prius as on an Avalon. Sure Toyota could. But their research says that isn't the way to maximize profits.

I suspect the profit margin on the packages that make up the higher priced trim levels is double what the profit percentage is on the base. They have every incentive to keep the base low and upsell you into the higher priced packages which may contain 10 things two of which you might want. The rest are just there to make the list long and justify the price difference.

Now had the dealers had 5s on the lot and I had driven one, I just might have bought one instead of a 3. As much as I read the sales literature, I couldn't see the cost benefit to ME. (You might have a different opinion.) Had I experienced the benefits, I might have made a different choice. So to me that is bad marketing because they never gave themselves the chance to persuade me. I've seen only one 5 on the dealer's lot in 6 months.

ralph seifer likes this.
  9. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My V5 does not have the rear guides, thankfully.
    They just get in the way and obscure an already limited view.

I had a rear camera installed in my C4 and intentionally by-passed the guide option.

10. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a v3 with no guides. But what I did was to put a bumper-height box 1 foot, 3 feet, and 5 feet away from my rear bumper, and made little marks on the SIDE of the screen bezel on the dash, so I'd have a good approximation of how close I was to a car behind me when parking.

ralph seifer and Chazz8 like this.