1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3-M interior adhesives???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dwhopson, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dwhopson

dwhopson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi everyone,

We all know that 3-M is the leader in adhesives and they are used extensively in the automotive industry.

In general, what has people's experience been with interior adhesives for mounting GPS/phone dash-mounts?

I would assume that the adherence is good...but what if you need to remove it? How do you do this WITHOUT damaging what seems to be a delicate-looking (i.e. cheap) dash/interior panels? I know there are solvents...but which are the safest for Toyota interiors?

I'm trying to mount a cell phone holder but not sure I want to if it's going to leave a gummy/black/oily spot on the dash panel if/when it's removed.

Thanks!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know. I went the bean bag mount/sticky pad route to avoid the problem.

3. dwhopson

dwhopson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately, that won't work due to where I need to mount the iPhone and still keep it within reach/view. Fiddling with an iPhone is difficult enough when both hands are available...at least steadying it with the face in the correct position (via a holder) would be a start...

4. zhutton

zhutton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A