1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3M Ceramic vs. FX Premium window tint

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Humphrey Balboa, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Humphrey Balboa

Humphrey Balboa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There is a groupon for a 3M Ceramic or 3M FX Premium five window tint. Are the ceramic really worth the $100 additional? I can't tell by #3M's website. All I care is they block out the most UV ray possible on my skin & my car looks nice. Do the ceramic add benefits to either of those to justify the $100 additional?

Also if you have a white blizzard prius with tinted windows please feel free to post a picture. :) I want to see the different shade options all in one place. It is hard to really visually compare them bouncing around different forms.

thanks!

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's more of a heat rejection thing. Your skin will not benefit more from UV blocking with ceramic than with the typical carbon.

If you are uncomfortable spending an extra $100 then don't do it. The ceramic is not going to make a huge difference if the car sits in the sun all day. Get a quality sun shield for your windshield with the money saved.

Humphrey Balboa likes this.
  3. gus6464

gus6464 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What's the groupon? I have been thinking about getting my new Prius tinted.

4. Humphrey Balboa

Humphrey Balboa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It expired :/ It was a quick one it expired by the end of the day when I went back to buy it. I am going to wait for another. This was the deal below.

• $49 for 3M FX Premium tinting for the two front windows of a car (a $125 value)
    • $149 for 3M FX Premium tinting for five windows (a $375 value)
    • $249 for 3M Ceramic Series tinting for five windows (a $575 value)