1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

5 days old 2012 Prius about 200 miles and right front damaged in parking garage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by szgabor, Nov 21, 2012.

1. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi I need help/advice.

My car was parked at work. This is a self parking thing, and someone backed into my front passenger side bumper corner denting the plastic and pushing the signal light/DRL in .. did not seem to break.

The car is brand new I bought it as replacement of my older prius two flooded by Sandy. I am having an incredibly unlucky month. Loosing two cars house main floor flooded lost all appliances. No power for two weeks and our old dog had to be put to sleep due to cancer all this within 3 weeks.

Second day back to work after 3 weeks someone damages my car. I have not noticed when I left since I got in on the drivers side. Is not visible from that side and the garage is not that well light.

Will post pictures later.

I am asking if anyone knows a reputable body shop hopefully with prius experience. I am in Long Island, Oceanside, NY close to JFK. Anywhere within 20 miles would be OK, Queens .... first I want an estimate looks like replacing full front bumper is the only way to fix this. I can not tell if the lights are damaged (it was pretty dark when I noticed it first).

Any advice would be appreciated.

I had the earlier car for 3.5 year with a few very small scratches not a bump or anything ...

Not feeling lucky at all.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    bummer dude.:( hope things turn around for you soon! sorry about your pup.

3. Hila

Hila Blizzard Brigade #193

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow... really sorry about everything that's happened :( People who are dishonest like that will get what's coming to them one day. I hope you find a good place to get the repairs done!

4. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ouch! I hope you had just got all the bad luck for the next 20 years out of the way. It is all smooth sailing from here on!
    Any chance the incident would have been recorded by CCTV? Check with security.

SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 ? 2

5. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks I checked. Only the entrances and the ramps are covered.... Not every spot on the floor(s).

I will have to figure what range this would cost. I would pay out of pocket upto my double my deductible or so....

6. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would expect a backlog for repair work in your area after Sandy. IF everything is working I would delay the repairs and scout some salvaged parts while you wait. With the number of recently totaled vehicles from Sandy you might be able to pick up a relatively new bumper and signal light assembly for a lot less than a new part from Toyota. Walking into a shop with the replacement parts in hand and some cash will cost a lot less.

7. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I guess I can wait. I have low deductible so I would consider to get this done with insurance. Let them find the cheapest parts.

8. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are going to get this done with insurance you probably want to go ahead with the claim asap. Your insurance rate is probably going to go up from Sandy anyway. :(

9. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well just paid for a year early October. Maybe next year it will rise then i can switch.

Yes put in a claim already..... Asked for assessment.