1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C blowing warm air & middle vents not blowing any air

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priusn00b, Apr 24, 2014.

1. priusn00b

priusn00b New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've recently purchased a 2007 Prius and I just noticed few days go that A/C blows warm air (weather was fair when I bought it and I can't remember if it really worked or not then) and middle vents do not blow any air. I'm not sure if two problems are connected but I do want to get both fixed without spending $$$ at the dealership.

Where can I start?

Are there any Oklahoma repair shops that specialize in Prius or hybrid models? Perhaps in Northern Texas?

Thanks.

2. priusn00b

priusn00b New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I forgot to mention that I also have "P1121" engine light coming on and off. Could this affect A/C?

3. hchu1

hchu1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The p1121 code is related to the coolant control valve. See following video:

4. priusn00b

priusn00b New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. I can see that failed 3-way valve could affect A/C even though it's not clearly stated why (cannot link

Also, to update my original post, I now noticed that none of my vents except the ones by the doors blow air.

Help!

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    is your car salvaged? how many miles on the car? have you changed the cabin air filter?

6. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The failed engine coolant valve will impact cabin heater performance, but not the cooling performance of the system.

Your air conditioner system has an additional fault beyond the engine coolant valve. Probably the air conditioner amplifier has failed so that it is not correctly controlling the servo motors which control the flow of air to the various ducts.

If you want to DIY, you can start by obtaining factory repair manual info at techinfo.toyota.com so that you can see what is involved, perform the suggested troubleshooting, and decide whether you are up to repairing the car yourself.

You can obtain used ECUs pretty cheaply on eBay. One Prius-specific source I like is autobeyours.com