1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C Drain Tube

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tonyk81, Jul 30, 2014.

1. tonyk81

tonyk81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone know where the A/C drain tube is for a 2012 Prius C Two? I'm getting a musty smell from my a/c system. I never see any moisture dripping from the car when the A/C runs so I want to make sure the tube isn't clogged.

Car has 40,000 miles. Already replaced the cabin air filter twice.

2. pwsharpe

pwsharpe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Open the glove box as if you were changing the cabin filter. A clear plastic hose (~ΒΌ") can be seen up against the firewall. I could see water in mine, and knew it was clogged. I had a friend underneath (at oil change time) with a vacuum. I wiggled the hose, he found it and cleared the obstruction. Good luck.

3. Toy Boy

Toy Boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I found that clear hose (also with water in it)and started following it and decided it goes to the rear window washer. I found the real drain is near the center of the car and a pain to get at and about 1/2" as 1/4 is way too small for condensate. If you find the silver evaporator lines on the firewall go straight down from there and you can see the end of a black rubber elbow, from underneath it is above the cross-member brace near the inside of the passenger side rack for the steering. I got to it from underneath coming from the front you can see it quite clearly but getting 2 hands on it unless you have tiny arms and hands I got scraped a bit a swore a couple of time and finally managed to shove the tube from my Supercool Evaporator odor eliminator I got from Ebay and load it up. I could not get a good photo of it but will try again one day as the C sits low enough it is even hard to get on a ramp.

4. maddog61

maddog61 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the C sits low enough it is even hard to get on a ramp. I use 2- 2foot long 2X6 wood boards , to decrease approach angle for the ramps