1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C Temps. Help?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by nanoxnano, May 5, 2015.

1. nanoxnano

nanoxnano Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok, this might be really silly but I need help understanding my A/C. I have Prius 2 (2015 model). I notice there are temp numbers I can increase and decrease. Is this like a thermostat where I can adjust the number and the A/C will stop once it reaches that temperature? Why is it then when I press the up (cold arrow) all the way, it saids LOW. Shouldn't it say HIGH? Also, I notice there is a FAN up/down button. Is the Fan difference from the A/C? When I press up on the fan, the A/C really gets cool and cools a lot quicker. Anyone explain this to me, would be really helpful! :)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    this is one of the most complicated and discussed systems in the prius.

you have two options. yes, the temp is like a thermostat, it should go from low, to 65, and unto 80 or so, then high. not sure about the '15 but it would make sense for the up arrow to raise the temp and down arrow to lower it.

option #1) you can use it manually, by setting the temp to low for a/c or higher for heat, and adjusting the fan speed, and also the vent and airflow direction settings.

option #2) press auto, set the temp to a comfortable number and adjust as necessary.

#2 bisco, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    nanoxnano likes this.