1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AAAS & Chemistry Laurete Sound Climate Change Alarm

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by SageBrush, Mar 19, 2014.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Climate Change Alarm Sounded Again

No new information in the clarion call, just a shout for the fools of the country and world to wake up and take action.

2. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The fools have already bought it.
    One glaring misrepresentation about the Gallup poll.Of the group who polled that they understand the science,a much larger proportion are skeptics than believers.
    Most of those who dont understand the science are believers.

"A recent Gallup Poll suggests that Americans are getting the message about climate change. In a report published today, 57 percent of respondents said that global warming is due to human activity over the past 100 years. The same poll indicated that 84 percent of Americans feel they understand climate change “very well” or “fairly well.”"

3. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    "What We Know contains no new data"
    Because it ignores hundreds of recent studies which do not support the meme.
    How the hell can scientists go for decades without learning anything new?
    Appalling.

4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    If this is a matter of interest to you please D/L it (easy) and subject the document to your critical inspection. The references section (which is a bit of a mess) includes things up to 2013. It does not some very recent references that T/CO2 sensitivity may be low, nor others that suggest that grounded ice melting rates may be higher than earlier estimated. It does not include lots of things, and I reckon it was not their goal to do so.

I get it that this document needs to be refuted (well or poorly) by folks with different perspectives, and mojo has kindly led is to affinity websites that provide such services.

CO2 is increasing, it has changed (and will further change) global energy balance. It is what it is. It may go nice, or a bit bad, or very bad for us. I reckon that is really the big issue, and deserves the closest possible examination. Unencumbered by whether fossil burners or scientists want to continue to make money. Both do, but both are not equally motivated to chase after truth. Guess which.

What is we ignore it? (I am tempted to say continue to ignore, but that would discount the large activity in renewable energy). Y'all will find out.

For my part, I just want to understand decomposition better. We could do, but people cling to their own uninformative ideas. Kinda like some affinity websites. Just my opinion.