1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About to buy: 2010 V w/45k or 2012 Two w/18k?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by westcoastbestcoast, Mar 30, 2014.

?
  1. Bells and whistles are worth it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lower mileage and CPO are better

100.0%
  1. westcoastbestcoast

westcoastbestcoast New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm struggling with a decision on which Prius to go with. Assume they're both in good cosmetic shape.

Car A is a 2010 V trim package, all the bells and whistles, with 45k miles. At a Honda dealership, not CPO. Asking $19,900

Car B is a 2012 Two trim package, nice and clean inside, only 18k miles, and it's a CPO at a large Toyota dealership. Asking $20,900

Both are the same exterior color.

I can't decide if the amenities on the V are worth the 2.5x mileage increase, given that 45k miles puts me that much closer to the warranty ending, battery needing replacement, etc. I'd really like leather heated seats - have it on my 4Runner and would be hard to go back - but not a total necessity. Could take or leave the rest, although the LED headlights and fancier wheels look super sharp. Price difference is not insignificant, but not necessarily a deciding factor either.

Mostly I want to make sure I'm making the best long-term choice. Would really appreciate any input! Thanks in advance.

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Lower miles, newer model CPO from a Toyota Dealership. You can add the leather through many sources. 17" wheel hit the mpg and the LEDs just save a few bulb changes. You asked.

3. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you want a prius liftback. I would be looking to see what the difference is in buying a new prius. I bought new with 0% intrest and payed 20,700 after license and registration for prius c Two. I think the regular prius is about 3K more. The price you show would not include license and registration.

If you want the V I am not sure what the new prius V cost. I would also look at the Camry hybrid it gets 40 mpg and has lots of power. we love our 12 camry hybrid, and our prius c.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! i like bells and whistles, but i only buy them when i can absolutely afford them. i would buy the 2012 two if i were in your position. plus, i think the '12 has some small improvements like interior rattles and such. all the best!(y)

Merkey and Okinawa like this.
  5. bubbatech

bubbatech Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would also lean towards the two. The problem is that the price seems rather high. A brand new two would run about 22-23K, I think, which is not that far. It is always a problem when buying a used Prius. They command sky-high prices relative to other used cars. If you are financing the deal, you could potentially end up with a lower total price when interest is factored into the deal. I guess the thing to do would be to crunch the numbers to see what the real cost of each vehicle would be.

6. nublar

nublar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I picked up a 2014 Prius 2 for $20,400 + TTL at Claremont Toyota. They seem to run that ad every week.

7. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You don't list a location. In the SF Bay area I see Toyota 101 has the Prius 2014 Three for $22,238 a 4 thousand dollar discount.

8. thekenstar

thekenstar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just purchased a 2010 Prius 5 with the advance tech package, 36k miles, Toyota Certified, for $23.3k. Im not sure where you are located but they had 1 more 2010 Prius 5 with about 50k miles, also Toyota Certified, for $19k. If you are in Southern CA or anywhere near, the dealership is Longo Toyota and let me tell you I blown away by how easy everything was and the level of customer service that I received. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and where I purchased it, a home run all around. Let me know if you want me to link you up with them.