1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

About to pull the trigger...2011 Prius III...last minute questions

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by manku, Mar 13, 2011.

1. manku

manku Junior Member

I'm about to buy a Prius III (white/nav) here in SoCal and have a few questions before I finalize my deal:

1. My Cap Cost is 25050...seems good...can I do better, or is this a standard discount (I believe MSRP is 27150)? Dealer claims they are taking big loss :eek:

2. Gap Insurance - I've only leased German cars before, and GAP insurance is always included in the lease. This dealer wants to charge $595 for it...seems really high...am going to contact my insurance company. I can't believe Toyota doesn't build this into leases.

3. Pre-pay final two services? Toyota covers first 5...was told the final two would cost $395 (out of pocket would be 700 alone for 30000k service - true?).

4. Disposition fee...possible to get waived?

5. Acquisition fee...$650...right amount?

6. Car is bisque interior, but mats are grey/black...shouldn't they be color coordinated?

Thanks in advance...answers sooner than later would be appreciated.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There's no way 30k service is $700. Don't prepay.

Yes, black mats are standard with Bisque interior.

3. rpeeples

rpeeples Experienced Toyota Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree, that is a ripoff. I would never prepay a dealer, or any other auto repair shop, for anything.

In the past few years, it seems that Toyota's color matching for the interior has been off by a few notches. My '07 Camry Hybrid was downright ugly inside. It was grey and beige. I just wonder what possessed them to use unmatched colors like that.

4. theodosia

theodosia New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Seriously? Black mats/bisque interior? I think I'll tell the dealer to keep the mats and find my own. Have him reduce the price, or throw in something else. If I buy. I'm not having much luck getting dealers to budge on price. In fact, yesterday, I saw a $2000.00 "market adjustment" added to sticker price on the few Prii on the lot at one dealer.

I'm having a hard time getting them below $25k for III w/o nav.

5. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a Blizzard Pearl/Bisque color combo and it came with Black carpet mats. I have since installed aftermarket mats and I decided to keep Black as the color. They are a good contrast to the Bisque interior there the whole dash is Black so it matches well I think. Plus if you look the there are two different Tan/Bisque colors in the rest of the dash. The A pillars, headliner, and cargo area are Grey. There are many colors that would look okay.

6. nedear88

nedear88 My 1st Prius.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the dark gray interior and the floor carpeted mat IS color matching, have you pick up yours yet. Toyota pay for 2 years free oil change + tire rotation etc. I NEVER have my previous car(s) for those 15k or 30k service. regular oil change is adequate. you can change the air filter yourself with the original parts from Toyota. the Prius have the "iridium" spark plugs no need to change them after 120k miles. so...save yourself those schedule service $$$ for a good set of tires instead. Good luck for the new purchase.

7. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The dark grey/black mats look good with the bisque; it coordinates well since there is a lot of black going on near the dash.

Don't ever believe a dealer when they are claiming they are taking a big loss (I actually take that as an insult), maybe in regards to msrp but if truly they were they be out of business by now.

8. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    AAA reports invoice is $25330 which is also their buy price around here. Prepaid maintenance is overpriced. In 2 years if you can't afford an oil change you shouldn't buy or lease the car.

Why should gap insurance be built into the lease? It only makes sense if you don't have the assets to cover the difference between the insurance settlement & the owed amount. It also makes sense if you are upside down.