1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ABS, VSC, yellow ! Lights help needed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ijim2011, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ijim2011

ijim2011 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So a few weeks ago, I had someone pull out in front of me and I had to brake quite hard. A bit later these 3 lights came on. Not always at first, but now there on all the time. I have searched through the threads. My CEL is on due to a previously know Evap issue. I checked it again and still only the evap showing up. I tried using the obd port jumper method to read the codes but I can't decipher a code of its showing one. Here is a video I took of the lights blinking using the slow mo feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1 ijim2011, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. FazilHussein

FazilHussein Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. ijim2011

ijim2011 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply. Perth, your pretty close to me as the Prius flies. I'm just across the river from Prescott. (y)

1) Tire pressure is good. 42 front, 40 rear.
    2) This is on my short list to replace. With the headlights, and both defrosters on, it reads 10.7v
    3) Working AOK
    4) Ordered, will be here today. Will most usb cables work with different versions of the software or can I only use the version shipped with it?

4. FazilHussein

FazilHussein Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looks like battery; causes really strange behavior on the ECUs. After replacing the battery, use your Mini VCI to clear the DTCs....run it for 15 miles....no new errors and you have your culprit.

If the issue reappears, scan the car to get the DTCs and report back. When this happened with my car, possible sources of the failure were brake stroke sensor and/or skid control ECU.

Easiest thing to do for Mini VCI is to get an older laptop running XP; software shipped with the unit will be plug and play.

Across the Prescott bridge, eh? Small world...I work for Mitel which had a Repair facility in Ogdensburg for a dog's age....been there a couple of times...that and to pick up goods a the UPS store without paying brokerage ;-) You guys get all the deals.

Faz

ijim2011 likes this.
  5. ijim2011

ijim2011 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ok, Battery next it is.

I'm a Mac guy so I setup a win xp virtual machine last night :)

Small world you say? I in fact worked a few years in that repair facility in the mid 2000's as a tech servicing S2000 cards. It's a Tiny world!!!

6. ijim2011

ijim2011 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got the mini VCI and installed the software. Several revisions were included on the disk, I installed the earliest version to see if it worked. Connected to the ODBII port and volla!! It read several codes, including a few I wasn't aware of being low 12v issues.

I called the local toyota shop and got a new OEM battery. ($162 with tax) I'll install it tonight.

One of the codes was specificly a RH wheel sensor problem so that might be my problem but I'll wait till I get the new battery in and get a few miles on it.

codes read:
    P0441
    P0446
    C0200
    C1241
    C1256
    B1421
    C2318

#6 ijim2011, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    blaisep likes this.