1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After 3rd party oil change, display keeps reading "Settings (press and hold)"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tom_in_NJ, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Tom_in_NJ

Tom_in_NJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Took 2011 Prius to an oil change service. The "oil change required" message had come on to stay.

Afterward, on the multi-display (I have the smaller, "headsup" display), I see the message, "Settings (Press and hold)". I figured out how to enter the Settings menu, and I have tinkered with every option there-- "Eco", "Steering OFF", etc. But no matter what I do, the "Settings (Press and hold)" message will not go away.

One of the menu options, "Screen OFF", seems suspicious, but changing it to ON doesn't help; nor does returning it to OFF.​

I reckon the oil change person screwed something up-- any idea what? Dealership is a long ways away. (And please do tell me how stupid going to a 3rd party outfit is-- but only if you have a constructive suggestion as well!)

2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Look in your maintenance manual or owners manual and you will find instructions on how to reset the Maintenance Required display.

3. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just press the display button once and quick and it will start swiching though the other displays.

4. Den49

Den49 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If the above suggestions do not work, try disconnecting the negative battery cable for one minute and then reconnect it. You will however have to restore your radio presets and may have to run the windows down and up to restore the one touch function.