1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After The First 5 Months

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by bowerda47, Aug 28, 2016.

1. bowerda47

bowerda47 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Okay all. I have owned my Hypersonic Red Gen 4 2016 Prius 3 Touring since 04/05/2016. Now 3000 miles. 0405161429-00.jpg
    As far as MPG, (Total Miles vs Total gas put in tank), I am getting 58 MPG. I really enjoy the ride. And think all the technology is great. Does not pay to get mad at people anymore as I could not run over them with my Prius, LOL. DCC is great on the highway. LDA is nice. And where can you find a car that talks to you even when you do not ask it a question? ("Put Hands On Steering Wheel" and "Do You Need To Take A Break?") Wow! Blows my mind. Read a lot on this site about storage capacity. I have adapted. Just carry what is absolutely necessary. Saves on extra weight and clutter. Read a lot on this site about the "China White accents and Moonstone Interior". I have both. Did order the black decal kit and had it installed, But have to admit when I first saw my Prius, thought that I had made a "Horrible Mistake". After 2 weeks, the feeling vanished and I fell in love with the entire package. Only drawback that I can identify at this time, is that my lovely wife of 50 years, does not like the passenger seat. Says it make her legs ache, like the seat is not long enough to support the upper portion of her leg. I have not come up with anything to solve the problem, (Any ideas appreciated), so for the time being I have compromised, (She has a Chevy Equinox), and I ask her were we are going and I tell her I will meet her there. LOL. As you can see I live in Michigan, so have not driven it in the snow. But never had a problem with the 2009 or the 2012 Prii, so do not expect a problem with the Gen 4. Guess that is it for now. Will update if anything significant comes up, or at 1 year. Whichever come first.

2. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow!!!!

3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I had my 75 year old parents sit in my Gen4 for up to 10hrs (with breaks) in a row and never said anything about the seats which they have found really comfortable. Myself too I realized that the driver's seat is way more comfortable than Gen3.