1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket DVD/NAV i 2005 Prius - NO SOUND! Please help.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by EmperorPenguin, Sep 11, 2010.

1. EmperorPenguin

EmperorPenguin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I got hold of the wiring schematics that I asked for earlier, and went through taking apart the car today to plug in my Chinese DVD-unit that was used in a 2004 RAV 4.

Everything works fine, steering wheel things works etc., and I KNOW I have sound-out from the unit.

HOWEVER, the Prius screen says "SOUND OFF", and since I now don't have the old JBL-unit hooked in, there's no way to change this. I just don't get ANY sound out.

What am I doing wrong?

(A "funny" thing is that the cables in my car have completely different colors than all schematics I've found - instead, I wiried from the JBL-unit.)

Aircon-harness is used, so that works. The only thing that doesn't work is actually the speakers.

There is a communication TX+ and TX- and also a MUTE-cable that are NOT connected now. Should I connect any of these, and if so, how?

Help would be very much appreciated! :)

Thanks,

/ EmperorPenguin

2. EmperorPenguin

EmperorPenguin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Replying my own thread...

I managed to fix it. Problem was the JBL amp that didn't like the signal from my DVD-unit. I just attached the speakers directly to the DVD-unit instead - works nicely. Only loss is the internal computer's beeps, but those I can live without. :)

/ EmperorPenguin

3. jefe

jefe Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    would love to see your finished product if you have some photos.