1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AfterMarket leather - does it include...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by smy, Jan 10, 2006.

1. smy

smy New Member

Does after market leather include leatherizing the steering wheel? I have most dealers saying they cannot do it, and one saying they can. What has been your experience? I am buying a 2--6 PKG 4 Prius with leather add-on, and want the leather to look exactly like PKG 8.

Thanks!

-Steve

2. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine did not.

3. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My understanding is that it can be done, but it is about $400 and the wheel is usually sent out to a place that specializes in recovering steering wheels. I used the Wheel Skins cover on my car and like it a lot. $39 and about 1.5 hours of time.

4. smy

smy New Member

Wheel Skins, hmmm. Where can that be ordered.

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Its possible to do... there are companies that will do it, but the dealers don't want to deal with it too much... they should at least offer it you would think?, but they know it may be a deal breaker to consider it since its so expensive.

6. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wheel Skins can be contacted at 800.755.2128, WheekSkins is located in Berkeley, CA. They have many colors and styyles to choose from I went with black with two types of leather, plain and perforated. They have great customer service and provide a quality product. You just have to take your time when putting it on and make sure you string it tight and straight.

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Just do you know.. I saw Bill Merchants today... it looks very good and professional. I would be tempted to get a package #7 and add the leather and do the steeing myself!

If thats the only thing holding anyone back.... I encourage you to do it!..

It looked really sharp.... possibly better than factory because you can get cool colors!

8. smy

smy New Member

Thanks! I'll go that route. I've ordered a PKG 4, will add on leather to match PKG 8 bisque, and get a black Wheelskin to install myself. Thanks for the info!

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Your welcome....it looked good enough to me.. I thought it maybe looked "better"....
    I almost wish I would have gotten package 7 and picked the wheelskin.......

At any rate.. I definately don't see it as "less" than the factory leather on the steering wheel. It gives it a high quality custom look... of which i actually like better than the factory look.