1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Remote Start Installed Prestige SS6900

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by dee10, Aug 3, 2012.

1. dee10

dee10 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just thought I would share as I didn't find much when I searched here regarding aftermarket remote starts.

I went aftermarket because I wanted a two way system and good range. I installed the Audiovox Prestige SS6900. I also got a flashlogic FLCAN interface which cuts out all the wiring to the door locks etc. MUCH simpler install. The FLCAN has a special connector along with the prestige brain that eliminate a majority of the wiring. Flashlogic - Search
    Note on the FLCAN, you have to take it to someone who has the USB programming cable and pay them, or buy your own and hope they giv eyou access to the firmware. I had to "convince" them I was a business. I am fairly comfortable at soldering and I am an EE. If you are not confortable soldering etc, take it to someone who knows what they are doing. It took me about 4 hrs as I am pretty careful and solder and tape everything.

I installed this model on the prius. It us hybrid capable.
    Audiovox : Prestige : Remote Start Systems : SS6900

System has a very long range (rated at 1 mile but practically hundreds of yards, 300+ easy) and is two way and it works perfectly with the factory RS3200 alarm, OEM remotes, etc. It still cuts off when you get in the car, but they all work that way.

I put the SS9000 in my 2008 tundra as well before I did the prius. Been really happy with both and have around $150 in each vehicle. It isn't for the beginner. It will cost you a few hundred dollars though more to get it installed. I mainly didn't take it to a shop because most don't solder the connections. I soldered every one, it is just more reliable. Why prestige?, Mainly I had good luck with one of their systems a few years ago.