1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AFTERMARKET SYSTEM - Stealth w/subs.... (for sale)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by mailkiko, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mailkiko

mailkiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So...

After much research into a "Competition" Quality system making my 2010 Prius V's MPG suffer...

I went in full speed ahead.

Like a few other posts i read, i used a JL HD 900/5 to power s sets of Boston Pro Satellites, and a Boston SPG-555 with the SPG-TR...

The system is stealth, all you see is the aftermarket Pioneer Z120...which has ANY feature you could imagine and the best pandora and iPod APPS i've seen, voice controlled, and uses the heads up controls as well...

The sub enclosure is a one-off, made for my car by a company that wins national awards with Iasca, and has been featured on the cover of car audio mags through the years, truly TOP SHELF installation...

My wife and i both have 2010 Prius V's, bought one, loved it so much, the next week, we bought another.

Mine gets the same/better MPG than hers (i try harder for MPG's) always between 47-51mpg...

With our 15 month old daughter, i'm not using the system as intended, so sadly, i'm looking to part with it...

The install/enclosure was nearly 2k, so i'm not selling it all for a song and a dance...BUT, if you have a 2010 prius, and LOVE audio, truly high-end audio, this may help you save tons on a new system...as the enclosure is drop-in ready!!!

hit me up...

Kevin

Can't upload pics right now, connection is being special...there are some in my album, and will post later...

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Funny how life and family do that. With a top shelf system like that, and the limitations Prius presents, you are sure to find a happy buyer here.

3. roppy5

roppy5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You should be selling this in the for sale section.

You might also mention how your Voice Rec works (and Bluetooth for calls) - for me, they are pretty useless. The Mic circuit works so badly, you really can't do business calls over Bluetooth (it works - but with *lots* of noise). I expect this is the reason voice rec works so poorly too (it works sometimes, but nowhere near something like a 'Toyota factory' HU).

Changing mics and mic location has been shown to do almost nothing (it's the HU). Also, updating to the latest BT firmware (from Pioneer) does nothing to address this.

Streaming music over BT works fine.

5. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Throw up some pics! I wanna see!

6. kmkremer

kmkremer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm interested - pictures please.

7. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am also interested :D especially with the 555...very interesting build on it. PM prices and details please :)

iPhone ?

8. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Guys,

1. There is a for-sake forum
    2. There is no need to run this topic - if you like what you see, PM the guy. No need to post .......

9. mailkiko

mailkiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Buyer backed out, after a long dragged out couple months, 2nd baby coming, so it's def going to a new home this time!!!!!

I posted it today in the private sales part of priuschat....check it out!!!

Kevin

10. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You are very lame - I suggest others stay well away - you know this is not the place to post - I'm sure your stuff reflects the buyer's back-out.

I request the Mods please move this - and other PC users avoid this like the plague it is - lest you spend money, and Karma takes its revenge on a clearly cursed object (with likely no warranty).......

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!

EDIT: Also note the numerous posts this guy has in these forums - and all the thanks he has received :)

11. mailkiko

mailkiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Very Lame?

I did as suggested, posted in ad section, my apologies to all...

You're funny. A Pure, Top notch system/install. Cursed? Amps and subs can be cursed!? Dungeons and Dragons as well as Harry Potter fans have very different blog sites.

Just trying to find people as passionate about sound as they are MPG's...

Buyer lived in VA, I live in FL. Shipping the boxes AND enclosure was the deal breaker, shipping even a bike these days is $75-$100.

I have emailed the people on this strand pics and/or link to the new thread in the appropriate place. Hope this makes you more content.

12. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I'm one of the people that got your spam via email and I hadn't participated in this thread. Yes, very lame.

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.