1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Tail Lights... Help me decide!

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by koipond, Sep 23, 2014.

1. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all,
    I've been a happy owner of the Grazio after-market Tail-lights (which are are actually modified Japanese OEM assemblies) for some time. However, a hit-and-run incident at my local Home Depot parking lot has brought an end to the honeymoon. And I've decided once the insurance-dust settles, to swap out to a different look this time around.
    I'm torn between three basic choices, and I'd love to hear your feedback. Feedback from folks who have actually purchased or have direct experience with these three options is preferred ;-)
    (Please note I'm not necessarily intending to buy from Ebay...Who you buy from removed, we don't allow people to sell or advertise on here without them going through Danny and getting approval.
    * Revier:
    This is one of the newest to hit the scene, and I think it looks great. In particular, my favorite is #8 in this ebay link which is basically smoked lens, black/chrome interior, and red bar. Has anyone purchased these and can comment? Unusual is the detached side panel that's intended for the user to custom-color:
    Toyota Prius C Aqua NHP10 LED Tail Lamp Light Japanese Brand Unpainted | eBay
    [​IMG]
    * Next up are the Valentis. I'm in love with the SB. However I've heard stories of water leaking and condensation. Are this problems still persistent or did the manufacturer resolve?
    [​IMG]
    JDM Valenti Prius C Jewel LED Tail Lights Lamps 72 LED 2 LED Bars Light Smoke | eBay
    * And then we have another new contender the Sypders. I like the black ones the best I think. Would like your feedback:
    [​IMG]
    Spyder Fits Toyota Prius C 2012 2014 Light Bar Style LED Tail Lights Black | eBay
    I'd love to hear your thoughts... especially if they involve actual first-hand experience wtih any of the above. Thanks!!!

2. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have the red smoked spyders. Love Em

koipond likes this.
  3. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    on my list of tails, the first would be Grazio but since you had those already, the Valenti are next up for me.

koipond likes this.
  4. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  5. Spock

Spock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    the Valentis are the only ones I've heard complaints about and people trying to sell them after purchase, so I'd probably stay away from those. They all look cool though (y)

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I was an early adopter and still have my set. No issues from my SB's. Guess I got lucky, but I love them.

koipond likes this.
  7. estebinbin

estebinbin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i have a pair of the valentis and love them. it seems that the first run did have a water issue however i believe they have corrected this with the new ones that are out. i have the first run and just sealed them with silicon and have had no issues.. i like the appearance of these the most but all aftermarket lights look great... good luck on your decision...

vPOSERv and koipond like this.
  8. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So I followed my heart :D and went with the Valenti SBs that I had been in love with since first seeing pictures of them circulate before they were even available. The extra effort of custom-sealing each pair and the track-record of no condensation issues to the "treated" lights helped the decision be stress-free.

They have arrived and are now in the hands of my auto-body shop where they will be installed once the body work is repaired. I'm also going with a two-tone bumper paint job with the inset-area painted black (got that idea from a fellow forum member)... Can't wait to see the finished effect...

w2kpugsly likes this.
  9. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

For the two tone bumper we changed our minds from the original idea. we ended up painting the top of the new bumper black which now sweeps from tail lamp to tail lamp... sortof like the design on the back of the kia soul. I like how it turned out.

10. Burna J

Burna J Knot Right Performance....

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good choice !! (y)

11. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    . Thanks for posting these pics. I was going to buy those exact lights but I have never seen how they were lit up during the day. I wanted to make sure it wasn't too dark because I didn't want to get pulled over but they seem very bright even in daylight. Now I will definitely be getting them soon

12. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    They're brighter than stock.

Super Mario likes this.
  13. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Those pics are the tail lights (parking lights) plenty bright and brake lights are a bit brighter.

Super Mario likes this.
  14. Bingee

Bingee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looks great ,, sorry bout the accident , but you took care of the situation nicely

15. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    . Thanks, I had to know if they were bright even though they were smoked. I never got an answer on that question before or saw any good pics so your pics and post answered all my questions

16. chunsta

chunsta New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    does anyone know if these would happen to fit the 2015 prius c?

17. Ecobill

Ecobill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I love my Spyders and they made it through one tough winter.

TopRamen and Burna J like this.
  18. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Can somebody tell me if the spyder tail lights need a bulb for the reverse light or is it built it?

Also a picture of the turn signals with the running lights would be really helpful for me. Thanks!

19. Ecobill

Ecobill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The lights are all built in.

20. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    After doing a quick search of the Spyder lights, the reverse light is, in fact, a regular bulb and thus replaceable.

Another question regarding the Spyder lights is, do the turn signals flash faster since the bulbs have been replaced with LEDs? Replacing bulbs with LEDs usually causes this fast flashing, known as Hyper Flashing.