1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Wheel Thread

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by SSG S, Apr 27, 2012.

1. a32axo

a32axo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Newbie here
    Just purchased a 2015 Prius c 2
    Just had installed
    17x7 velox wheels +42 offset 15-16 lbs
    215 45 17 tires
    450 for set
    Rubs slightly on full turns.

Question? If I add a spacer will I still rub? Reason I ask I'm looking to drop either on sportiva or nf210.

#181 a32axo, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    All depends on what is rubbing where...

SM-N910T ?

3. a32axo

a32axo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm thinking on the inner half

4. a32axo

a32axo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  5. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well they def look sunken in.

SM-N910T ?

6. Motov8r

Motov8r Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was running 45 offset on 16x7 rims with 205/50. Added 10mm spacers and no more rubbing (also on the inside of the wheel well, on the back side). I have nf210 springs.

iPhone ?

7. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Also just saw that a32axo is running 215's way wide. That's his mpg loss too. 205 is wide for this car.
    That and 45 series too, too tall and too wide, harder to get going when geared taller. And so much rolling resistancd, guessing they're liftback prius tires though so hopefully they're lrr at least.
    SM-N910T ?

8. CowsGoMooooooooo

CowsGoMooooooooo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Has anyone tried Assetto Garas or Enkei GT7s?

Does diameter affect MPG at all on here? If I get a 15x6 or a 16x6.5 on stock tire's would I notice any change in MPG?

Do the 16s hurt the turning circle much? I love making a full uturn where others can't. Especially for delivering.

9. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    All depends on offset. As far as diameter obviously it changes mpg both real and calculated.

SM-N910T ?

10. CowsGoMooooooooo

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd likely stick with factory sized 15s. How does the diameter effect MPG? I figured it would improve it as long as you get a smaller tire profile due to less rolling resistance.

I guess to clarify is when do these start to make a difference that's noticable? For example those Sparcos are 15"x6" weigh 14 and have a 43mm offset. They are practically designed for these subcompact cars such as the fit. My buddy has them on his fit, they seem to stick out a bit wider than factory but I don't know of the other stats of what tire he used and I'm guessing he may have used his spacer.

I'd liked a bigger wheel because I would enjoy the tighter feel, but I'd much rather keep the factory turning circle and MPG since this is not a sport car. My supra is one that has 18x10 and a 35 height tire.

11. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Stay withing 3% diameter. And no wider with stock or higher offset

SM-N910T ?

12. CowsGoMooooooooo

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well I'd have to put it in a size calculator but factory are 15" 65 tires right? If you do 16" 55 tires it should be roughly the same. So is it reasonable to say 6" wheels with up to 195 tires should be roughly the same mpg?

I'm probably going to do several things before I get wheels but I was curious for future use. or my friend may sell me his Honda Sport Wheel 16s and I'll dip them black.

13. mertechperformance

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm about to finally bite the bullet and go with a wide rim narrow tire hipari setup. Using some oddball parts. 16x8 rpf1 wheels, and the perfectly narrow, lrr high mileage tire with a grip and a temperature ratings. 185/55r16 same diameter as stock 175/65r15 vs the "standard" 16" tire of an undersized 195/50r16. It'll give me some more stretch as well. Yokohama avid ascent. Even "pretty cheap" around 100 per tire.

SM-N910T ?

14. Sean John

Sean John Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Are you still getting gas mileage in the low 50s.Have you measured gas mileage yet?

Have you measured your gas mileage yet?

15. Sean John

Sean John Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Have you measured your gas mileage yet?

16. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Wheel Brand Advanti
    Wheel Model 79B STORM S1
    Wheel Weight (preferably from a scale, but manufacturer weight is ok) My installer said 11.5 pounds per rim. I cannot find anything on the internet that says anything about weight though. I may not be looking hard enough. I haven't had them long enough to see if there are differences. Just on the ride home from work, I think I am getting a few miles better but it's hard to tell until I take a longer trip. Stay tuned.
    Size 15" x 7"
    Offset Offset: 35 Backspace: 5.375
    Tire Size Stock tires 175/65R15 There doesn't appear to be much stretching at all. Looks great.
    Tire Pressure Monitors My installer just used the monitors from my stock wheels. Works just fine
    Difference felt in ride quality (if any) no difference, I think the handling feels more planted due to the wider rims
    Price Paid $750 mounted balanced including tax. I used the same tires that I've had on the car
    Fitment Issues none at all. See below pictures.

Couldn't be happier, I feel like I have a different car. The black rims bring out all the black trim, the car also seems a bit more aggressive. Not sure I can say aggressive without chuckling a bit. Sorry for the quality, snapped them right after install. More pictures to come in better weather and when I have more time. Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions.

17. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I think we have the same rims. Love mine. I'm not seeing any mileage changes. You?

18. kinggupp

kinggupp New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Newbie here, wanting to get some konig heliums 15x6.5 for my car. Every online place is telling me they'll fit, except for my local Americas tire store. Can anyone help me as to why that would be. Also if anyone else has some low weight suggestions with which I'd be able to use, it would be appreciated. Want to keep them 15's and able to fit with stock tire.

19. edspecR

edspecR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    without offset or tire information, there's no way to tell. add to that PCD and bolt pattern if you want to be more technical.

with that said, 15x6.5 would hold your stock tire (175?) just fine. you'll get a slight stretch but nothing over the top. that might be the tire shop's issue, fitting a non-recommended tire size onto a wheel

20. kinggupp

kinggupp New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Bolt pattern is 4x100, offset is 40, not sure of pcd, and tire is 195. I'm supposed to talk to them again tomorrow. So we'll see. Thanks for the reply.