1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alignment for new Gen 3 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by mickey513, May 17, 2011.

1. mickey513

mickey513 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the any type of warranty for the Gen 3 Prius for alignment when purchase new? I think the steering on my Prius maybe off center a little, might want them to throw it on their machine to check but was wondering is there a warranty or not.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, call your service dept. and salesperson for that matter. poor pre delivery setup.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Be sure to do this ASAP. Not sure about Toyota, but some manufacturers will correct alignment under warranty only during the first X hundred miles.

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think, from a similar experience with my Gen2, Toyota will align it free for the first year or 12K miles. I agree get it done sooner rather than later.

5. mickey513

mickey513 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just got back today from the dealership for my first 5k service and they inspected and peformed the alignment free of charge. The steering wheel was defintely not center, alignment specs was all within range. They adjusted the tie rods and all is good now.

The alignment is covered 1 year or 12k miles (in the warranty phamplet) that comes with the car. Also had them disabled the reverse beep down to one.

6. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the same problem with my 2010 IV. The steering was off center and they re-aligned the car, twice, before I finally made it clear on the third visit. The car tracked straight all along. Sheeshh - just listen and get it right the first time! Communication breakdown between service advisor and tech.:rolleyes: