1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

...And a new saga begins, former attorney for Toyota claims he has proof of negligence

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Russell Frost, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Russell Frost

Russell Frost the whatdrives.us guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is no way this can end well @

Long story short, former attorney for Toyota left the company, grabbed what he claims are 6,000 damning documents that Toyota does not want to be seen.

You can read my take on it at the link.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    All companies have trade secrets - you do not disclose information that you have spent money and time to acquire just so your competitors can gain an advantage from it.

It seems to me that Toyota should be able to sue to prevent these documents from being released publicly and that the former employee has committed theft by taking confidential documents. IANAL (I am not a lawyer) but every company that I've worked for as an engineer made me sign a contract that stated that I would not disclose confidential company information. When I worked for a defense contractor, I had to sign a contract at the beginning of employment and then an acknowledgment when I was leaving employment.

3. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As for the Book and the Chief consulting it all the time... he darn well better! The standard for his answers is now 100% or he fails.

4. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Toyota may not be able to sue.. if these documents got entered into the Congressional Record, then it's a done deal. Some people may recall that is how the release of the Pentagon Papers was made legal.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    total BS. all companies have risk assessments on their products and NO PRODUCT IS 100% RISK FREE.

6. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait until episodes 4-6. 1-3 were terrible.

If it was "always envisioned as a trilogy" DON'T watch the 2 sequels - they're terrible.