1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android vs iPhone Audio Display on Prius 2013

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by carlosfpr, Mar 3, 2014.

1. carlosfpr

carlosfpr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello everybody,

I have two phones, a Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 4S (the Galaxy is my personal phone). When I connect the iPhone via BT, the Prius radio displays Browse (for Artists, songs and Playlists), Tracks and Track Length.

[​IMG]

But when I connect the Galaxy it does not displays those buttons:

[​IMG]

Do you guys have an idea why and how can I display all those buttons with the Android (like the iPhone do)?

Thank you!

Carlos

2. rsg

rsg Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Your radio head/unit is different than mine. On my 2013, I also have an Apps button just below the tuning knob. I think you may need to provide more information on your model Prius and the sound system that you have installed in your car.

Are you also using Entune?

Shawn

3. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, that unit looks different than mine as well. I've never seen that screen either and I use BT audio with my iPhone 4S. The screen doesn't look like that.

iPhone ?

4. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's all about Bluetooth profile support. Apparently, android 4.3 only supports up to version 1.3 of the AVRCP profile. So, we have to wait for android to support version 1.4 of the AVRCP Bluetooth profile to enjoy all the wonderful Bluetooth browsing features.

Review the list of AVRCP version under the Bluetooth profiles on this WiKi page:
    Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nexus 7 ?