1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another new owner in the Pacific Northwet

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BDinWa, Dec 17, 2011.

1. BDinWa

BDinWa New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just purchased our 2011 level 4 with solar the first week of November. So far, about 900 miles, and reasonably happy. I've been following many of the threads here, and have learned a ton. Our Prius gets driven to work about 7 miles one way, up and down hills, so we are suffering from the "low mileage blues". Actual calculated mileage, 41 mpg for the first tank, and 35 mpg for the next two. The weather has been in the low 30s and high 20s during commute times, so I'm really not expecting much better for now.

We had a really nice day today, so I went out and installed the side window deflectors and illuminated door sills. Also implemented the grill blocking to see if mileage will go up.

Next project -- auto headlights. And once they get in stock here, fog lamps

Sitting on the sidelines waiting for warm weather (may be a while), body side moldings and lower door trim.

Looking forward to our first road trip.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice. Well welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! You will gain quite a bit back in the summer I am sure.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome: to PriusChat!