1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any cali solar panel owners register with the leaf exchange?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by burritos, Oct 31, 2011.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What - they want to charge me $3 per 'credit' (1kWh) for power I credit to them? Or ... I can get maybe 5¢/kWh from the utility company (if I'm lucky) for our surplus ... ohhh decisions decisions ... don't everyone jump on it at once.
    ;)

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You don't get charged. From what I understand, surpluses are immaterial. You get credits(RECs) for generating clean energy. And regardless of how much of it you may use, under cap and trade this credit has the potential in the future will be traded. You as the clean energy generator will be reimbursed for these credits, maybe.

4. Comrad_Durandal

Comrad_Durandal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I remember looking into alternative energy to get money back from the utility company. The problem is that my local utilities either won't buy power from end users, or they will - after they assess you a rental fee for the transmission equipment (something like $5k a month or 55% of your provided power, whichever one is greater). Needless to say, most people choose to just burn off the extra energy versus sell it at an immense loss.

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My confirmation email! Bank my RECs!

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We just got our 11 pages of boilerplate from SCE. It almost sounds like double dipping . . . Payment for REC's out of one till ... and payment for surplus kWh's out of another till. It looks like SCE is going to only pay 4¢ per kWh of surplus, if I'm reading it right (better check tomorrow when I'm awake more). For us, that'll work out to about 45 bucks for just over 1,000 kWh's - which is about as much as SCE charges us for 12 months worth in taxes and fees to help the disabled, etc. Alternatively, I can use the surplus to recharge the EV over 30 times, in stead of charging at work. Hmmmm.