1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any feedback on Bridgestone Ecopia EP100?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by uart, Sep 15, 2011.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very true but I would be more concerned with cold wet weather traction. I think the EP100 uses a tire compound that could be compromised with cold temperatures like mos summer tires. :)

2. Andy FI

Andy FI Newbie Gas Saver

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just swapped new tyres and my dealer told that Ecopia is very soft and will wear off fast. He said I would get double the miles with Continental so I went for them. Contis had a better speed classification meaning the ride is firm and cornering fun (not that I would be speeding in a prius..)

Cheers!

3. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Which Continentals did you use? It helps to post all of the details so others may benefit. :)

4. Andy FI

Andy FI Newbie Gas Saver

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks F8L,

My Continentals were+are PremiumContact2, 195/55R16 and speed index V. Cost was only about 100$ more than EP100 for the set of 4 tyres so I think I got a better drive, driveability and much less thread-wear meaning they last much, much longer.

5. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Andy!

Over here the most commonly used Continental for best MPG would be the ContiProContact with EcoPlus. :)

Continental ProContact with EcoPlus Technology

Test with the tire: Eco-Friendly All-Season Tires — How Does Performance Measure Up?

6. Suspenderman

Suspenderman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been using EP422, have about 35,000 miles on them and are close to a replacement. I have a 2005 with 156,000 miles. I would be surprised if any tire lasted more that 30 to 40,000 on a Prius. The EP had an 80,000 warranty so it will be interesting to see what discount I get but I was happy with the Ecopia's and intend to stick with them.