1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any luck with ebay aux-in adapters?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Dan_, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Dan_

Dan_ New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
  2. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    interested for something for my 05

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 3.5mm cassette adapter for my 2004 and 2005 prius, I don't think the 2008 model has a cassette player. I just watched (maybe for the 5th time) the worst car in the world top gear UK episode and when they were talking about the SC430 they said it was the last production car ever sold with a cassette player, I think toyota is a little behind in the stereo department, but how come the JBL sound system in both my Prius sounds better than the stereo's on most new 2014 cars?

kenoarto likes this.
  4. drulanier

drulanier Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Kinda late reply but I have the Dice Silverline adapter but took it off and installed an aftermarket head unit.

I'll sell it if you want it.

It gives you a 3.5mm input for an aux device, as well as a 13 pin iPod plug in....all the MFD controls work, steering wheel buttons, songs/artist also show on the headunit.

5. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So what was the problem with the Dice Silverline that you felt the need to add a head unit? Lockups and resets? Is this the same model you have:

6. drulanier

drulanier Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have this one. Has zero issues. I didn't have the JBL system, so I got a new headunit that had built in bluetooth, and then added some Sony speakers. Tried to sell the Dice on Craigslist locally but no calls. I believe you have to pull the MFD out to get to the quick disconnects but it only took about 30 min. I also used the old ipod to new iphone adapter and it worked flawlessly with my iPhone 5. It also has a female 3.5mm input, I just connected a male-to-male 3.5mm to that for anything else I wanted to plug in but there was no text or steering wheel button support with the 3.5mm, only the ipod cord.

Attached Files:

7. DelOrso

DelOrso Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Late on this, but do you still have this for sale?

8. drulanier

drulanier Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, sorry - I sold it a while ago

9. nssdiver

nssdiver Me digging' life

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I wore out the stereo out jack on my last iPod, so I installed a Belkin BlueTooth receiver with a 12V to 5V power supply from eBay. NO MORE CORDS. And way cheaper than a new head unit.