1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Prius C Owners Drive the Merrit Parkway in Conn?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Klaatu, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Klaatu

Klaatu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have to drive from Phila. to Boston and a large portion of the trip in on the Merrrit Parkway, route 15, in Connecticut. I noticed that all of the access lanes to the Merrit have a stop sign. So now you have a real challenge in a Prius C to get into traffic without creating a accident.

Just curious - anyone experience any stress on entering the Merrit?

2. AEROENGR

AEROENGR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Entering the Merritt Parkway is a minor challenge in most cars due to the stop signs at the beginning of the short entrance ramps and the high traffic density. However, I don't consider it a problem in my G3 Prius or my Prius C. Near the New York State line the speed limit is only 50 mph but the traffic moves more slowly during commuter hours. There are numerous steep hills along the scenic 37 mile parkway and lately there has been night-time construction both North and Southbound resulting in heavy delays. If you want to avoid the Merritt Parkway altogether, take I-95 Northbound from the New York State line to Exit 38 and take the 2-mile Milford Parkway Northbound onto the Wilbur Cross Parkway (Connecticut Route 15) towards Boston. This will not add any distance to your trip. I have been making the drive between New York, Connecticut and Boston for 46 years.