1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have in channel window deflectors?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Oskar, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Oskar

Oskar Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I had these on an old VW bug and thought they were a great invention. Especially if it's raining outside and you wanted to get some air in without getting drenched. Saw that WeatherTech makes a snap on set for the front windows and wondering if anyone here has them. Concerned about the quality, fit, etc. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Robert Holt

Robert Holt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have read old posts on this but cannot locate. I seem to recall folks dissatisfied with the way the window fit into the insert , and when inserts were removed the wind noise was greater as the rubber gasket had stretched IIRC. With the type that was glued on the door frame, the quality of the glue supplied with the installation kit was critical to long term success.
    But I have not personally tried any of them although I just made these for camping (not for driving):
    image.jpg

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I installed a set of WeatherTec on mine last summer, mainly to be able to leave windows slightly open in parking lot at work during hot weather.

The install is easy and the fit is very good. I am very pleased with mine. Looks just like the picture above.

4. Bingee

Bingee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WeatherTech in channel ,,,,, had them on mt RAV4 for Eight years and I have them on my Prius going on Four
    Years , love them , no messy tape , I'll get them again

5. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I know nothing about them but WEATHERTECH is a good company. I would bet if you would buy from them and if for some reason you don't like them that you could return them but don't take my word for that, check with WEATHERTECH.

6. Jerry Mcl

Jerry Mcl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I put WeatherTech on my 2012 front and back after using a cheap set. The WeatherTech's are awesome!!!!!! Very easy to install, no glues, no mess....just push in the included clips into the rubber molding and snap in the rain guards. Taken it through the car wash many, many times. Never had a problem. I highly recommend that you check them out.

7. Oskar

Oskar Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Just wondering if the clips damage or "dent" the rubber molding. A concern would be if it permanently indents the molding so it no longer seals well once the guards are removed.

8. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You could call Weathe
    You could call WEATHERTECH and ask them. They are a very reputable company. I think I would have confidence in what they tell you.

9. Jerry Mcl

Jerry Mcl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't believe that would be a problem as the molding is pretty think. The front ones are a breeze to install. The clips in the back windows were also pretty easy. I put them on my 2006 and 2012 Prius(s). But, I never plan on taking them off neither....

10. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Put weathertech in my '06 Prius, loved the need to close the windows four or more times ever after, the windows would go up, make contact and then go down, it was a blast.
    Also the noise of the glass rattling around if the windows weren't closed was wonderful, especially if it kept beat with the music, unfortunately, bought some weathertech mats for the '13 f150, they needed cutting to fit and look terrible don't snuggle in whatsoever, but what a wonderful company.

While the brand X, the ones that require a paper slip to be removed to apply to the car work great, apply easily, don't allow the glass to rattle in the track and don't keep the windows from closing, ever;)

11. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I haven't had any issues with windows closing or rattling around with the WeatherTechs I have installed on my '14.

And, ursle, there are different WeatherTech mat options. You chose the cheap ones. You get what you pay for.

12. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I've considered getting the weathertech window deflectors, but my brother says it's probably not worth it for my car since I drive it at night and very early morning, so airing it wouldn't be as practical as if I drove it around during the day when it's hotter.

That said, I got their floor liners, and so far no issues with them. I like how snug they fit, though my brother says the section by the gas cap release on the driver side is a bit low, which may cause some problems with snow getting to that area later. I'm not too worried, since I park in a garage both at home and at work, so snow exposure should be minimized in winter.

13. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I do have an issue with that. I understand why they did it the way they did, but it ends up defeating the purpose. I end up with a lot of salt residue in that area -- probably the last area in the driver footwell area you'd want it.

14. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have WEATHERTECH floor liners in my new Avalon. I live near WEATHERTECH so the day I bought my car I drove to Bolingbrook at WEATHERTECH and bought the liners for front and back. I doubt if mine fits as perfect as I would like but nothing is perfect. I live in these Chicago winters so I think they will be okay.