1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone install a sunroof yet? Change Drivers Seat?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by 911turbox50, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 911turbox50

911turbox50 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello...Just purchased a prius. Want to know if anyone has installed a sunroof and is it worth it? Also I would like to change the drivers seat that has more support and comfort and lower to the floor...Please advise..

2. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do a search. People have done both and there's existing threads on those subjects. Sunroofs cost about $1000 or more, if memory serves me right. Not sure what people have done about replacing seats, but I'm sure a search will help you.

3. azdrdave

azdrdave New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: Anyone install a sunroof yet?

I had the dealer install the sunroof prior to delivery, and the cost was $990. It's an inalfa asi 750FF. It tilts and slides (internally), and had a sliding sunscreen. They did a great job. (Or rather, the place they sent it to did!)

The only thing that drives me nuts about this model is the 'auto close' function. As soon as I open the door, it closes. Living in Arizona, I WANT it to stay slightly open to give some circulation while parked.

The way to prevent auto-closure? Open door, press sunroof button at the same time. It tells the sunroof to stop whatever it's about to do.

I LOVE having the sunroof.

Keep us posted on yours!

4. kmc6566

kmc6566 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did anyone respond to you on the seat. That would be something I would be interested in too.

Thanks.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do various searches regarding the seats. FYI, I know two people who put in Volvo seats, one person who put in a Recaro driver's seat, one person who put in a Corolla driver seat height adjuster, one person who has extended the driver seat rails back 3 or 4 inches, and one or two people who have lowered the driver seat.

6. thedutchtouch

thedutchtouch prius is my SUV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    search for user jelloslug for a great thread about modifying the seat to have a height adjust lever.:rockon:

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    deleted my post.