1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone know how to fix !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Arghjay, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Arghjay

Arghjay New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    gf drove off a curve didn't realize curve was higher so the plastic piece inside part of rear right bumper popped out image.jpg image.jpg

2. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    I wish I worked in the autobody department so would know how to deal with these issues. last week, I bumped into a wooden post but no scratches and bumper alignment is still perfect. I totally lucked out.

Good luck. I let my gf drive my car when it was new just once and never let her touch the steering wheel again seeing how she curbs her wheels almost everytime she drops by my place.

3. John Speer

John Speer New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My wife did almost the same thing to her Prius, and luckily I was able to fix it.
    I saw the picture where you pulled the bumper away from the body, and there is a white piece of plastic shown in the picture looks broken off, this is what the clip attaches to. It looks like yours is missing the last 6 or 7", which has been ripped off just ahead of the Phillips screw that is shown in the picture. I believe without that missing piece the clip has no where to attach to...................IMHO

Attached Files:

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree with John above. The same thing happened to me but the plastic part did not break. I was able to get the clip back in its slot and everything popped back in place. Whew !!

It looks like you need to get the plastic piece replaced.