1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone miss me?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by qbee42, Mar 4, 2012.

1. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just figured you and the Donner Party were out having a good ole time. No worries, you would be getting back to us in the spring :eek:

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well with al the trouble I think in the long term its cheaper to put large amounts under ground.

and you expect there are laws that's trees can be cutt if its a problem for bublic energy .

what is more important a tree sticking out or 20.000 people out of energy.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't know. I don't have a TV, and only listen to the radio when in my car, and not often even then since I'm more likely to be listening to the iPod.

4. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Not sure what I was thinking of when I wrote that. Presumably, in a power failure, I'd still have running water.

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Newspapers or other print outlets? Utility bill inserts?

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I haven't seen anything.

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have wondered if Spokane's proximity to certain communities of non-government (or even anti-government) survivalists could make emergency preparedness a too sensitive topic.

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    ^ I doubt it. I think those nut jobs were in Idaho, and I don't think they're there anymore. More likely it's because Spokane is not in tornado or earthquake or hurricane or blizzard country. Yes, tornados can happen anywhere, but they're far more likely some places than others.

It's also possible that it's just me. I don't watch TV or get the local newspaper, and I seldom listen to the radio.

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How about me?

I was unfortunately hospitalized from Monday night thru last Thursday afternoon. :( A trip to the doctor on Monday, and instructions to go to the ER if it got worse led me to the ER and hospital admission.

I think I got one post in. I couldn't use my laptop well at the hospital and wasn't getting much sleep either due to having blood drawn every 6 hours (ouch) and vitals taken maybe every 4 hours, having the awkward heart monitor in my gown pocket, having an IV plugged in, having a roommate, nurse activity and beeping equipment.

10. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: How about me?

Oh, sorry to hear that cwerdna. Hope you are recovering well.

11. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hope you're feeling well soon, Cwerdna! Best wishes!

12. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Tom, I invite you and everyone living in the cold and tornado country and flood area to move to Southern California. Sure we have earthquakes, fires, and freeway congestion with rude drivers but the climate can't be beat.
    Besides we can drive every day of the year without special tires. And if you miss snow, you can drive to it.

13. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Re: How about me?

Get well soon, Andrew

14. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What happened? And how are you? I hope you get well soon.

And breathing the air is the equivalent of smoking several packs of cigarettes a day. That's not my idea of a good climate. 30 below in North Dakota was better than the smog in L.A. :sick:

15. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for all the wishes!
    Basically, I had bloody stools on Monday ~1 pm. Scary! Never had that before. Went to a doctor and he did a very embarrassing and uncomfortable rectal exam. :eek: He believed it was hemorrhoids, made an appointment for me w/a rectal surgeon for the next day at nearby hospital. He told me to go to he ER if it gets worse. Well, it did.

I went to the ER of that hospital (same one where I'd have an appointment), got another rectal exam :eek: and was admitted. I had some more bloody stools that night.

For one day, per doctor's orders, I couldn't eat or drink anything. I'd lost so much blood that they infused me w/2 units of blood. A friend of mine who's a non-practicing doctor asked me what happened and from what I told her about a number, going doing from 38 to 30 overnight (hematocrit?) and being infused w/2 units, she said that was a lot of blood loss.

Ended up having a colonscopy and later a scan w/some radioactive substance added to my blood via a gamma ray scanner (SMV/GE DST/Xli Dual Head Variable Angle Camera | Mid-Atlantic Imaging). They didn't see anything bleeding and my colonscopy was clean, the best he could see. He also believed it was hemorrhoids.

Anyhow, I'm a a "full" liquid diet now (from a clear liquid diet) for another day beyond today and I was told no heavy lifiting for 5-7 days.

16. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oowwww!!! and I thought I was having fun. That's got to hurt, My sympathies are with you!

17. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't think I was nearly as badly off of my hospital roommates. One guy had pneumonia :eek: and was coughing quite a bit. I asked to be moved so I didn't catch it, but the hospital was full.

I later did get moved and the 2nd guy didn't have anything contagious but was in a lot of pain while recovering from surgery for a perforated ulcer. :eek: He couldn't really move on his own. When asked about his pain levels on a scale of 1-10, he'd usually say 8 or 9. So, I was fortunate vs. him.

18. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That isn't what we heard. The day after an LA Times columnist was shaming Seattle for not being able to drive in a couple inches of snow, we learned that LA cannot drive in rain. According to a Special Weather Statement from the National Weather Service:

"MOST OF THE RAINFALL WILL BE LIGHT...BUT WITH RATHER LONG DURATION AND WILL RESULT IN SOME SLIPPERY DRIVING CONDITIONS. RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL GENERALLY BE AROUND ONE-QUARTER TO ONE-THIRD OF AN INCH AT THE COAST"

19. perryma2

perryma2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No but they have all missed me ;)

20. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I missed you, Tom, but I saw your posting on FB, so I wasn't too worried... I know you are smart enough to hunker down when it gets rough.

No one has, apparently, missed me at all...