1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone received notices in the mail?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by radiocycle, Feb 16, 2010.

1. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I know it's only the middle of the month so I guess I'm rushing things a bit. But I wonder if anyone has received either of the two notices that I've read would be forthcoming in February. I'm talking about receiving something in the mail about (1) the new OCI or (2) information about the brake fix recall. To date, I have not. Just curious.

2. CharleneN

CharleneN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have not received anything either. I called today to make an appointment for the brake update, which they were happy to do, but I am working during the times they gave me. I plan to call back next week. Perhaps I will have my letter before I go.

3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I was wondering as well. Wasn't there supposed to be a free oil change coupon along with the OCI change? I'm not too concerned about the brake recall, so I will wait until the furor dies down before getting the fix. I figured I would let the unintended acceleration folks get their vehicles fixed first, since that seems to be a bit more serious...

1 person likes this.
  4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'd imagine snail mail takes much longer than that, but I'm still waiting for the free oil change coupon.

But why is a number of people so hung up on getting the actual letter in the mail? As far as I'm concerned, the recall information is already there on your MyToyota site, which everyone except Grandpa Irving can access. You're aware that the site is run by Toyota itself, not the dealer, right? Do you wait for your paper bank statement before declaring a transaction real when you could simply log on to your bank website?

5. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----

I saw something about a free oil change from Toyota in a couple of posts, but haven't seen any specifics. Has anyone received information from Toyota about this?

6. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

This is the first I hear about an oil change. I guess it for all the pain and suffering.:D

7. prius4driver

prius4driver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think the offers of free stuff have just been from specific dealers to their customers.

8. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    "Toyota customers who have paid for an oil and filter change at 5,000 miles will be provided a coupon for a free oil change, and you will in turn be reimbursed via CPS. Customer communication will begin early February 2010 and will include distribution of a revised Warranty and Maintenance Guide as well as instructions on how to obtain and utilize the free oil change coupon."

Attached Files:

9. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    As far as the recall info, yes. But I checked the My Toyota site last week, and the maintenance guide for the 2010 Prius still references a 5K OCI.

10. Karloswilhelm

Karloswilhelm New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have not received anything in the mail but I did receive a call from the dealer the morning the recall was announced to set up an appointment. The person on the phone explained the problem and what would be done to fix it.

11. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have not received anything in the mail but received a call from my dealership encouraging me to bring the car in this week for the upgrade and not to wait for my 10K service. I have an appointment for this afternoon.

When the upgrade was first announced, I checked the Toyota Owner's online site and it contained an announcement of the recall based on my VIN.

12. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Even though this is 2010, not everyone has- or even wants- internet access. My hunch is that even amongst the Priuschat users here, not everyone has even logged onto their Owner webpage.

13. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    Certainly true, but most people have phones and if you left that number with the dealer, you either got or will get a call.

Eventually, I guess anyone that hasn't already gotten the fix will get a letter, maybe even a registered letter.

14. frabbit

frabbit New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Nope. No call from dealer either. I'm not surprised tho.

15. My Viper

My Viper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have not received anything in the mail but I did receive a call from the dealer this morning to set up an appointment. It will be going in tomorrow.

16. colfacs

colfacs New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think it's interesting that as of 2-17, 36,000 North America Prius owners have gotten nothing from Toyota in writing about the OCI or the ABS software update.

17. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll consider being notified when Toyota or its agent contacts me directly in writing or by telephone. Until then, shame on my dealer for not being proactive.

I use my paper bank statement to balance my accounts, but I don't rush home to make sure the transaction is as me receipt shows.

Lastly, I never logged onto the Toyota owners site. I don't get the newspaper (it's birdcage liner a best around here), adn as for the evening news, the hype is insane.

The dealership has my contact information, as they called me a few weeks back to say I'd be getting some sales tax back, since they taxed me on the C4C $$, so they know how to reach me.

18. hockeydad

hockeydad New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I think the best example given so far by another poster, is - Most of our dealers make a follow-up phone call to "insure quality control, blah, blah" after we come in for any routine service work. I know mine does. YET, they don't call on this...." Wth?

While I realize that most manufacturers/dealers don't call you on recalls, my question is: If they have the time, energy and resources to call me after a routine service call to check on their "quality of service", why can't they call on this? If anything, I would think they would want to head off unhappy customers BEFORE they brought their cars in...

19. hitechboy

hitechboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because they earn a lot more money on service then on recall, I guess they'll rather let you have the recall done on another dealer.

20. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Never mind the OCI change, Toyota recalled the Gen III for brake issue midnight Feb 9th, followed by the release of the ABS software update a few days later, and you're expecting snail mail to all 36,000 owners by now (8 days after the official recall)?

You want something from Toyota in writing this early? Go visit your MyToyota site. Simple as that.