1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Arduino/Raspberry Pie Idea

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bryan267, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Bryan267

Bryan267 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maybe a little too technical but I have seen a lot more than what I want to do on this forum.

Arduino + Raspberry Pi + Speaker = Jetsons sound when on battery only and backup beep when reversing

Anyone thing it's possible or know how I might pull it off?
    I'm not familiar with Python but I am a quick learner when it comes to languages and could program it without a real problem (I would hope). But it's the Arduino and Raspberry Pi I am not sure of.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    12V USB car adapter
    + USB cable
    + RasPi
    + OBDII-USB cable
    + Audio cable
    + Software
    = Jetson's sound from your speakers?

3. Bryan267

Bryan267 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was thinking more like externally mounted...that way everyone can enjoy and get a chuckle.

4. Bikebird

Bikebird Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sparkfun sells an OBD-II kit that will interface nicely with Arduino to monitor your speed (to keep the Jetsons sound at the proper pitch). The Arduino could also tie into the backup light circuit to trigger a reverse alarm. All the electronics would mount internally and drive an amplifier tied to an external speaker. I say go for it. There's a page on Wikipedia (search for OBD-II PIDs) and the Sparkfun website has a page giving examples of what you can do with their OBD-II diagnostic kit (which comes with the board and the cable, BTW).

I'm looking at the OBD-II myself to possibly build an Arduino-controlled louver to manage airflow to the radiator--essentially an automatic radiator blocker for year-round use. I'll keep y'all posted.