1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Attention new Prius owners

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momfortheenvironment, Apr 13, 2006.

1. momfortheenvironment

but I got another email from the Union of Concerned Scientists, trying to get a certain amount of hybrid owners to sign up. If you'd like to , go to this web page : http://ucsaction.org/ucsaction/hybridcente...llenge_taf.html to sign up. I think they are trying to make a statement. I wish I could make it but I have to save a little more.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If they were serious they'd get a decent webmaster.

They still have less than 350 hybrids listed. I know they must have more than that because it took them forever to post me and I registered the first day. And I had to go back and do it again. And I still haven't gotten my window sticker.

You want to do something like this...you better have your act together. They don't.

3. momfortheenvironment

oh wow thats too bad, its going to make it seem like there are far less out there then there really are. bummer.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Apr 14 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]239995[/snapback]</div>
    You also have to realize that the vast majority of automobile owners are not active on the web. So anything that's Internet-based is always going to represent only a fraction of the population. The sample will also be skewed toward those who don't mind using technology.

If you (or that website) want to know how many Priuses there are, Toyota's sales figures are a much better bet.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What's really the point? What kind of a "statement" do you make by signing a web page that you have not already made by choosing to buy and drive a Prius? If they ask for your address you can expect to get mail from them, and if they ask for your email, you'll get spam.

I happen to like the Union of Concerned Scientists. But I don't need more begging letters from anybody.

6. momfortheenvironment

yea I know the internet only represents a fraction of the population, maybe they are looking for people's reasons or maybe Toyota doesnt' share their numbers. Of course I didn't want to say anybody who doesn't want to sign up should but if you want to, I was just trying to share.