1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio & Iphone5

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Socialdis, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Socialdis

Socialdis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought a 2014 Prius Three on Monday.

Yesterday, I accidentally hit the Voice Command button. It went to the screen and I got out of it. However then I couldn't hear any sound. The radio was clearly playing but no sound. When I pressed source it just showed a symbol in top right corner. I guess I should have thought to just turn the car off and restart because when I got home and did that, it worked fine.

My main question is about about the iphone 5, bluetooth, and Voice Controls.

I have bluetooth and Personal Hotspot enabled (so I do not have it plugged in to usb outlet) on my iphone enabled but it appears that I cant say "Play (Artist)" and have it play that from my iphone. It says something about an unsupported media device.

When I push the button on my Iphone and tell it to play a song, it does play a song but not the song I requested. It also shows on the car display that it is calling myself.

Voice commands for calling seem to work but I can't figure out if it is not possible to play songs using voice commands with an iphone or what the issue is.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

#1 Socialdis, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In theory, you should be able to use Siri on your iPhone5 to play songs as you normally would if you were not in your car. You would press and hold the HOME button on your iPhone and the car's screen will change to the "in-call" screen (as if you're making a phone call) and you would talk to Siri through the car's microphone.

3. Socialdis

Socialdis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I guess I was wrong. Siri must just have misheard what I was saying. It does work by going through Siri. It's just to bad that you have to push the Iphone button instead of the steering wheel button but it's not really a big deal.