1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Audio/Nav update for 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mikedow, Apr 28, 2012.

1. mikedow

mikedow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I just paid off my 2007 Prius last month, and with only 50,000 miles on the car, I’m planning to enjoy at least a couple of years of not having car payments. Are there any worthwhile updates to the audio or navigation systems?

Currently I have a unit from Dice Electronics that adds on an iPod connection. The plastic end of the cable broke off last fall and the connection is getting a bit iffy. I figure that replacing the cable will be cheap, but getting back into the dash could cost me, so if I’m going in anyway, have there been any significant improvements that could be adapted to a five-year old car?

Specifically, I would love to have Bluetooth audio and be able to avoid the cable altogether. My understanding is that Entune is not possible. I haven’t seen anything on the Dice website. Any suggestions?

Mike

2. isucompositeur

isucompositeur Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually just received in the mail today my new BT35-TOY from USASpec, which does Bluetooth streaming audio and also Bluetooth hands-free calls.

Once I get it installed I'll let you know how it works out.

3. John Lang

John Lang New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi....also have a Prius and interested in getting this BT35-Toy
    I'm not sure if you have an iPhone or not but I'm wondering if this handles audio from navigation as well as music and phone calls
    Thx