1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

australian 2011 factory underseat amp 6 speakers

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wooski42, Jul 17, 2011.

1. wooski42

wooski42 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All;

Would anyone know the type of amp that is installed with the australian prius ? i have bought a replacement HU ( see thread Factory look gps on ebay ) though i cant seem to get the front door speakers working (other 4 are working fine).
    Jeremy has also bought this unit and has all his speakers working, with his UK/EU Prius.
    Im not sure if the Aus model is different or if it follows the american model ( amp switched by canbus)
    would appreciate if anyone has swapped out their standard single cd radio with an aftermarket and could offer some guidance =)

Have tried searching for the forums and google without much success, either in finding information of the actual amp or any codes i could try with my scanguage to trigger the amp.

The wiring diagrams i have found and provided in the other forums seem to indicate an AMP pin on pin9 on the 10pin connector. I might try and see if i can power the OEM radio on the bench and measure if there is any voltage on Pin9 from the oem HU

the OEM radio is a fujitsu ten FT0001a
    The Amp under the driver seat is a fujtisu ten FT0013a

The amp is located under the drivers seat, so it may be simlar to this one "92811-separate-amp-under-pass-seat"

ps. sorry still cant post links, as im still under the newbie post limit ;)

edit, added amp model number.

2. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can check the AMP voltage in car, cables are long enough. Just connect all connectors including skybridge, Power ones. There should be +BAT voltage on Pin9 when HU is on.
    Please notice that Jeremy (and me as well) have 8 speaker setup. EU models with 6 speakers don't have an external underseat amplifier to power large front mid/bass speakers.

3. KAyLAine

KAyLAine New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guy,
    Same problem to me as well.
    I got motonavi Hu installed in my Malaysia Prius gen III imported from Japan.
    I got the eight speaker and an amp under driver seat.
    My front door speaker were both not working.
    Still waiting for the answer from motonavi.

anyone any idea?

Hi Paja,
    What do you mean by "skybridge"?